Listening to Clari-T monoblock amps with BB FTA-2000s

Paul_Bui

• Rode NTK and S-1 microphones
It has been a month since the Auricap upgraded monoblocks made it back to my room.  For the last two weeks I've been too busy ripping CDs between work and didn't listen to music often enough.

Today I thought I should give it a listen, so I played a Telarc's Sampler Five Plus CD, made back in 1988.  There are different genres of music on the CD, naturally.  But what suprised me was how robust, warm, detailed, weighty, full body, and dynamic the amps were driving the 89 db speakers.  Piano, drums and tympanis sounds realistic, organ's highs sweet and detailed, chorus powerful and touching, vocals articulate, the list goes on.  On heavy orchestral works such as Wagner's The Ring Without Words, it was no slouch but could be a bit more detailed.  Here the higher efficient Druids and Definitions would be clearly an advantage.

Caveat emptor:  I treated the CD with Audio Desk Systeme and Mapleshade's Ionoclast.  Together with the amps I feel they help re-vitalize the music on the CD.  Now if the SB2 can improve upon this good sound...

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Listening to Clari-T monoblock amps with BB FTA-2000s
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2005, 12:46 pm »
Quote from: Paul_Bui
It has been a month since the Auricap upgraded monoblocks made it back to my room.  For the last two weeks I've been too busy ripping CDs between work and didn't listen to music often enough.

Today I thought I should give it a listen, so I played a Telarc's Sampler Five Plus CD, made back in 1988.  There are different genres of music on the CD, naturally.  But what suprised me was how robust, warm, detailed, weighty, full body, and dynamic the amps were driving the 89 db speakers.  Piano, drums and tympa ...

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your follow-up post of your upgraded Clari-T Monoblocks!

Glad you are busy ripping CDs....your modded SB2 will ship out next week (upgraded chargers should be here any day now), and I am looking very forward to hearing your impressions.  :P