Sapphire Measurements

MarkM

Sapphire Measurements
« on: 7 Aug 2005, 02:21 pm »
Are there any frequency response measurements for ACI speakers?   Lovin the 25th Ed. Sapphires :rock: , just curious to see how they measure over the whole frequency spectrum.

kendrid

Sapphire Measurements
« Reply #1 on: 7 Aug 2005, 03:43 pm »
Here are the measurements of the Sapphire XL.  Quite impressive.

I really wish there were a loudspeaker measurement 'committee' that manufacturers would submit their speakers to so we could get 3rd party analysis of all of the speakers on the market.  Sure there are magazines, but I wish that every loudspeaker manufacturer had to proove their 50-20K +- 3dB claim to be true (ever see a spec sheet where they don't claim that their speakers are that flat?)

The car audio world did something similar when many manufacturers started submitting their amps to the  CEA.  I don't know the full story behind it but my understanding is that if an amp has "CEA 2006" approved on it, it will meet the specs listed.  Imagine if that happened to receiver manufacturers.   :o

Mike Dzurko

Sapphire Measurements
« Reply #2 on: 8 Aug 2005, 06:08 pm »
Mark:

Glad you're loving them! Here's the specs: 42-20kHz ± 3db anechoic, 60-18kHz ± 1.8db (usable in-room response extends cleanly to 36-40Hz)

Kendrid:

It would be good if everyone could agree on a measurement set. I don't think that will happen anytime soon. For one thing, there are a lot more variables in electro-acoustic measurements for speakers than in straight electrical measurements for amps.