All the scoop on our new preamplifier lineup.

WEEZ

« Reply #20 on: 3 Nov 2005, 11:38 pm »
budyog,

I took a glance at your gallery pictures (nice, by the way) and am curious as to how long your cables are between your pre-amp and amp. They seem to be quite some distance apart?

WEEZ

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
« Reply #21 on: 4 Nov 2005, 12:34 am »
Thanks WEEZ, They are 6' cables running between my preamp and amps. The amps are in a closet directly behind my tv/preamp/cd/dvd player. Since those pics were posted, I have change the cd/dvd player to the Onkyo-1000 and have eliminated the AVA-DAC.
I will post new pics soon.

Any AC members here in Minneapolis? Maybe a get-together someday this winter and throw out an invite to Frank from AVA and Mike from ACI to stop by!

WEEZ

« Reply #22 on: 4 Nov 2005, 01:16 am »
budyog,

Neat way to set things up. Not everyone would be lucky enough to have such a convenient layout.

I used to live in Wisconsin- and would have leaped at the chance to attend a get-together as it would have been just a 5 hour drive from where I lived. Back then (almost 20 years) there would have been no Transcendence series to listen to though  :cry:

Now I live approx. 16 hours drive from the Twin Cities, so I'll have to read about any get-together(s) here on AC  :bawl:

WEEZ

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
« Reply #23 on: 4 Nov 2005, 01:28 am »
Thanks again WEEZ,
This does work out very well. I get to keep all the cds/dvds, amps, power things all hid away. If it wasn't for the display clock on the VCR, I would  probably remove that from my system. I wish the Onkyo-1000 had a display clock built in. (time clock that is) I don't think I used my VCR for over a year.    
If a get-together happens, I will let you know how it went.

By the way WEEZ, It sounds GREAT too!

AVA and ACI build some great audio gear and seem to work very well together.

skrivis

« Reply #24 on: 4 Nov 2005, 02:01 pm »
Quote from: budyog
Look at Microsoft. How many "Windows" systems have we been through and I here their are many, many more in the works.

There's a difference...

Frank's upgrades are actually an improvement. hehe

skrivis

« Reply #25 on: 4 Nov 2005, 02:05 pm »
Quote from: WEEZ
Back then (almost 20 years) there would have been no Transcendence series to listen to though  :cry:

WEEZ

I thought they've been around at least that long... I'll have to look at my old catalogs.

mark funk

« Reply #26 on: 4 Nov 2005, 10:53 pm »
hello, skrivis and WEEZ
 Back in 1985 there was the Transcendence 400 and 200 Series Two amps and The Transcendence Preamp. I think there was also a CD player.

WEEZ

« Reply #27 on: 4 Nov 2005, 11:19 pm »
I stand corrected  :scratch:

(I do remember reading about the mods to the Dyna ST-400. I guess that was in the 70's?)

:smoke:

WEEZ!

mark funk

« Reply #28 on: 5 Nov 2005, 02:46 pm »
Hello WEEZ,
 Yes, back in the mid 70s Frank did a mod on the Dyna 400. Dynaco got hold of one a copyed it part for part and there you have the Dyna 416, with no credit to Frank at all. I got a 416 in 1980 and served me well for many years, I still have it in my rack and listen to it now and then,It was a good amp for its time. I must say playing it with my T5SLR and TRDAC it has never sounded better but no comparison to my Fet Valve 550 EXR6! Also in the 70s Frank did a mod for the Dyna Pat 5 preamp with he did get credit for. Back them Frank was know as That Crazy Man up in Minnesota. You know Frank has never got the respect or credit he deserves!! Anyway go and get your AVA equipment you will be happy!

have a nice day Mark Funk

modular747

Re: All the scoop on our new preamplifier lineup.
« Reply #29 on: 6 Nov 2005, 07:21 pm »
Quote from: avahifi
Lets see if I can eliminate some confusion here.

First of all the product names for the upgraded T7 ECR and T7 SLR hybrid tube preamplifiers are the AVA Ultra EC and AVA Ultra SL models.  We have been shipping the upgraded circuits since May.  

Can you tell me where I can find more details about the new Ulta series preamps and FET-Valve poweramps?  I can't find any mention of them on the AVA website

Thanks