Xbox 360 question.

bubba966

Xbox 360 question.
« on: 2 Aug 2005, 05:21 am »
Anyone see anything on what type of a/v cable will be included with the 360?

Woodsea

Xbox 360 question.
« Reply #1 on: 4 Aug 2005, 01:12 am »
These are offered after you purchase with the RCA stereo, composite Connecting the Xbox360

HD Video Cable

Clearly marked and color coded audio and video connectors make it easy to know where to plug each connector in.
Unlock true Xbox 360 Hi-Definition gaming with video output settings of 480p, 720p, or 1080i.
Gold plated video and stereo audio contacts for maximum clarity and signal transfer.
Mylar foil and copper braid shielding protect against radio frequency and electromagnetic interference.
8 feet long shielded cable.
Digital Optical Audio Output—optical cable sold separately.
Stereo Audio Output.
Hi-Definition/Standard TV video output switch.

S- Video AV Cable

Clearly marked and color coded audio and video connectors make it easy to know where to plug each connector in.
Gold plated video and stereo audio contacts for maximum clarity and signal transfer.
Mylar foil and copper braid shielding protect against radio frequency and electromagnetic interference.
Composite Standard Definition video output.
Stereo Audio Output.

VGA Video Cable

Unlock true Xbox360 Hi-Definition gaming with video output settings of 480p, 720p, or 1080i.
DV-15S Standard VGA Connector.
Gold plated stereo audio contacts for maximum clarity and signal transfer.
Stereo Audio Output.

bubba966

Xbox 360 question.
« Reply #2 on: 4 Aug 2005, 01:41 am »
Thanks Eric.

I'm a bit disappointed to see that they're only giving you the composite cable again.

I would've guessed that there would've been a DVI or HDMI option though. Hell, you could get a DVI cable for the 'cube years ago... :roll:

Looks like I'll be getting the VGA cable though. :mrgreen: I bet the 360 on my Loewe through the VGA cable will be absolutely stunning.

Woodsea

Xbox 360 question.
« Reply #3 on: 5 Aug 2005, 01:03 am »
I am going for VGA to my projector.  The component video cable that I purchased from Bluejeancable makes the picture awesome.  I have been staying up way past my bedtime (after putting the kids to bed) playing on the old xbox.  The Bard's Tale is fun.  But I spend alot more time right now playing The Lord of the Rings The Third Age.  They did a fantastic job, you feel you are part of the movie.  Of course Halo2 is a stunner as well.  But having no broadband here in UB, kinda takes the fun out of it.
My 2 older kids as well like playing Shrek2 and Barbie on the 92 inch screen!!

bubba966

Xbox 360 question.
« Reply #4 on: 5 Aug 2005, 06:22 am »
Well, I have been running my 'box on VGA to my Loewe. I'd be nicer if there was an actual VGA cable for the 'box though so that I didn't have to use the component to VGA adapter that I'm currently using.

It's a bit odd. I've got a $200 component cable/$200 VGA adapter/$50 Toslink/$20 HD adapter all hooked up to the output. $470 worth of cabling on an Xbox that's sold for $150... :lol:

Guess the main expense in hooking up the 360 will be the Toslink cable. Will probably just use the same one I'm currently using unless the design of the VGA cable is like that of the current Xbox HD cable. On that cable the Toslink hooks up to the sending end of the HD cable, not the receiving end of the cable like the old HD cables did.

bubba966

Re: Xbox 360 question.
« Reply #5 on: 2 Aug 2006, 04:58 am »
So last week I cracked open the 360 that I'm getting to borrow from a friend and was pleased to see the HD cable in the box since the HD cable I had on the original 'box doesn't fit the 360.

I might have to try to find that VGA cable if it was actually made. That way I can pull the component to VGA converter out of the equation.