XBR960: A truly AMAZING ISF experience!

Double Ugly

Re: XBR960: A truly AMAZING ISF experience!
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jul 2006, 12:15 am »
I'll probably just have the place I bought my Loewe from ISF it for me. I think it'd only be $250 to do it. Just need a spare $250... :roll:

I thought about your Loewe while he was here, and asked if he'd ever calibrated one.  Turns out the school he attended provided a room full of Loewes for the students to learn on.  :o

bubba966

« Reply #21 on: 13 Jul 2006, 12:25 am »
I'll probably just have the place I bought my Loewe from ISF it for me. I think it'd only be $250 to do it. Just need a spare $250... :roll:

I thought about your Loewe while he was here, and asked if he'd ever calibrated one.  Turns out the school he attended provided a room full of Loewes for the students to learn on.  :o

Where's he located again?...

Double Ugly

« Reply #22 on: 13 Jul 2006, 12:34 am »
I planned to use Chad's services for my Plasma display.  I penciled in an appointment.  Did he say how often the display needs to be re-calibrated?  Once a month?  Twice a month?  Everytime you unplugged the device? 

That $375 a visit can get expensive you know. :scratch:

I'm not sure, Levi.  I didn't ask that particular question, but from the things he said, I believe it depends on the display.

That said, I'd be shocked if any of your suggested timeframes are in any way realistic.  I got the feeling my DLP would be good until such time that I'm ready to move to the next level...whatever that is.

Eric5676

• Blu Ray Oasis
« Reply #23 on: 14 Jul 2006, 09:06 pm »
I planned to use Chad's services for my Plasma display.  I penciled in an appointment.  Did he say how often the display needs to be re-calibrated?  Once a month?  Twice a month?  Everytime you unplugged the device? 

That $375 a visit can get expensive you know. :scratch:

Most people do this one time for their displays. At most, if you felt like it, you could have him swing by once a year or something like that for a quick tune up as you felt might be necessary.

Levi

« Reply #24 on: 15 Jul 2006, 03:01 am »
Thanks guys. 

Here is where I am coming from...I calibrate my LCD PC monitor twice a year using MonacoEZcolor+MonacoOptixXR.  My Epson printers gets calibrated everytime I change cartridge. 

Plasma screens I guess is not that critical?  I have to ask Chad.

Eric5676

• Blu Ray Oasis
« Reply #25 on: 26 Jul 2006, 04:08 pm »
Thanks guys. 

Here is where I am coming from...I calibrate my LCD PC monitor twice a year using MonacoEZcolor+MonacoOptixXR.  My Epson printers gets calibrated everytime I change cartridge. 

Plasma screens I guess is not that critical?  I have to ask Chad.

It's always critical.  ;)

I'm sure your plasma would benefit quite nicely from some of Chad's handiwork. :)

earlmarc

« Reply #26 on: 19 Aug 2006, 01:28 pm »
Chad calibrated my Pioneer SD-533HD5 RPV HDTV yesterday. He spent 9 hours tweaking my set. It turned out excellent. I was considering upgrading my set to a 1080P Samsung. That thought vanished once Chad finished calibrating my set. Chad does great work and I recommend him for anyone considering ISF calibration.

ajayrav

« Reply #27 on: 19 Aug 2006, 03:54 pm »
WOW !!!! All the way down to Mississippi....Jim, you should of taken him out to dinner. :thankyou:

You know, I was going to say that I'd bet you good money that Jim at least tried to feed him once at the minimum.

But it looks like he beat me to it...

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting my Loewe calibrated as well.  I have an Aventos and it has some geometry issues.  Otherwise the picture is gorgeous after I have calibrated it with AVIA. Loewes apparently come out of the factory with a good picture.  How much of an improvement do you think professional calibration will be over the standard AVIA tweak (geometry issues aside)

Thanks

bubba966

« Reply #28 on: 19 Aug 2006, 04:32 pm »
WOW !!!! All the way down to Mississippi....Jim, you should of taken him out to dinner. :thankyou:

You know, I was going to say that I'd bet you good money that Jim at least tried to feed him once at the minimum.

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting my Loewe calibrated as well.  I have an Aventos and it has some geometry issues.  Otherwise the picture is gorgeous after I have calibrated it with AVIA. Loewes apparently come out of the factory with a good picture.  How much of an improvement do you think professional calibration will be over the standard AVIA tweak (geometry issues aside)

Thanks

I've got some slight geometry issues on my Aventos as well. I figure that'd be the biggest improvement on the set when I finally get around to ISF'ing it. I'm sure the picture will look a bit better as well, but I can't say for sure as I've yet to see an Loewe before and after an ISF calibration.

Everyone that's ever seen the picture on my Aventos has always been stunned by it. And they wished they'd been able to pick one up as cheap as I did. I calibrated it fairly well with DVE and got into the service menu to tweak it a little further. I didn't mess with the geometry while I was in there though as I'd rather not screw it up as the geometry isn't off by much.

ajayrav

« Reply #29 on: 19 Aug 2006, 05:59 pm »

Thanks

I've got some slight geometry issues on my Aventos as well. I figure that'd be the biggest improvement on the set when I finally get around to ISF'ing it. I'm sure the picture will look a bit better as well, but I can't say for sure as I've yet to see an Loewe before and after an ISF calibration.

Everyone that's ever seen the picture on my Aventos has always been stunned by it. And they wished they'd been able to pick one up as cheap as I did. I calibrated it fairly well with DVE and got into the service menu to tweak it a little further. I didn't mess with the geometry while I was in there though as I'd rather not screw it up as the geometry isn't off by much.

I had to get into the service menu as well.  I had a weird feathering effect on either side on 480i/p and I had to tweak the vAMP setting.  The alternative was to manually defocus and I am TOTALLY not qualified to do the same.  I got a great deal on my Aventos as well (under a grand from Magnolia).  The picture is so much better than most flat screens (esp LCD) that I think ISF tweaking will be a better idea for me than getting a new plasma.

alotaklipsch

« Reply #30 on: 19 Aug 2006, 10:31 pm »
I EMAILED 3 WEEKS AGO, THEN AGAIN TODAY, HOPE CHAD CALLS SOON

STEVE

Double Ugly

« Reply #31 on: 20 Aug 2006, 12:31 am »
I EMAILED 3 WEEKS AGO, THEN AGAIN TODAY, HOPE CHAD CALLS SOON

STEVE

I asked Chad about the occasionally significant wait for replies, and he apologized.  He told me his wife had recently taken over the scheduling aspect of the business, and I believe she is also handling some (most?) of the emails.  At the time of our conversation, they were still working out the details, and I got the distinct impression that the overlapping areas of responsibility occasionally led to unanswered correspondence, with each believing the other had replied.

It wasn't so long ago that Chad was here, so perhaps the aforementioned issues remain unresolved.  Whatever the reason, I wouldn't give up.  In the end, I think you'll be glad you didn't.

-Jim

alotaklipsch

« Reply #32 on: 20 Aug 2006, 05:01 am »
Jim,

Patience is definately not my best virtue, but, alas, I will wait.  BTW, If ya decide to deal on the Monads, email me.

Steve

Double Ugly

« Reply #33 on: 20 Aug 2006, 07:18 pm »
BTW, If ya decide to deal on the Monads, email me.

No offense, Steve, but if this offer...

hOW BOUT 7500 WIRED TO YOUR BANK\\

STEVE :green:

...was serious, there will be no deal. 

Regards,

Jim