Harry Pearson coming to Los Angeles, Honored by LA&OCAS

John Casler

Hi All,

Well the big announcement is that Harry Pearson (aka HP) will be "Honored" and giving the keynote address at the LA&OCAS's 12th Anniversary Meeting.

Along with J. Gordon Holt of Stereophile, Harry elevated High End Audio to a highly evolved Hobby and pursuit of the "Absolute Sound".

HP will receive the "Founder's Award" in honor of his contibutions to exploring "High End" Audio and also Video.

It also should be known, that tickets to the event will be made available to the general public, should enthusiasts wish to attend who are from out of the area, or non-members.  A special discounted price will be available for all LA&OCAS members.

Below is the announcement.

Dear Members,

We are delighted to announce that Harry Pearson, Founder of the Absolute Sound and Perfect Vision, will receive the Founder's Award, the highest honor of our Society as awarded by our Executive Committee, at the Society's 12th Anniversary Celebration and Banquet on December 11th. HP will also Keynote the Event in this rare west coast appearance for the Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society!

The Event will be held Sunday, December 11, 2005, at the Hilton Hotel on Century Blvd in the La Jolla Ballroom. The seated dinner will be available for members, guests, industry and distribution executives and friends of the Society.

This event underscores the fantastic growth of the LA&OC Audio Society, now with over 180 members, and it's exciting dozen years in Los Angeles and Orange County. All of us welcome Harry back to California and congratulate him on this most deserved honor.

On a personal note, many of us, and I mean MANY of us, are a part of this wonderful hobby only because of Harry Pearson. We may never see the likes of his stewardship again, so we ALL must come together on December 11th to celebrate his quest for great journalistic integrity, honor, and joy in the music and man's inventions designed to bring it to life in our homes!

Please save this important date.

Golden Ears for all,

Bob Levi

President

Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society      Celebrating Its12th Anniversary Year

America's Premier Audio Society          www.laocaudiosociety.net

BobM

« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2005, 11:46 am »
Copy Cats! We did this 2 years ago at the Long Island "Audio Syndrome" club meeting. Then again, Harry IS a Long Islander, so it was much easier to get him to show up. And we didn't need a plane ticket or hotel reservation.

To keep him happy you need to know what he drinks. At that time he was drinking White Russians with real cream, but now I hear he likes cold Saki.

Enjoy,
Bob

KeithR

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2005, 09:04 pm »
Is there going to be a reference system included?

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2005, 11:21 pm »
Quote from: KeithR
Is there going to be a reference system included?

Hi Keith,

That was "seriously" contemplated and then "shelved" since setting up a ref system in a hotel Ballroom is generally an excercise in futility, and makes even the best system sound "gawdawfull".

PS - You really have to get over here and hear "my" reference system.  8) when you get a few minutes. Played a little of that SACD you turned me onto (Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue) as well as the Alan Parson's I Robot on 24/192 HDAD I left at your house this afternoon, and am really enjoying it.

KeithR

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2005, 01:22 am »
been in between jobs, so haven't been around much John.

did I give you those Supras to try out?  trying to figure out which audiophile friend of mine has them....

his reference system a few years ago didn't sound great at all (show conditions)...just was hoping to hear some audio, vs just listening to him :)