AV-1's vs Meadowlar Swifts

ken

AV-1's vs Meadowlar Swifts
« on: 14 Jul 2005, 02:47 pm »
I have a pair of"B stock" Meadowlark Swifts on the way from the liquidation sale (the price was too good to pass up) and I've never heard any speakers from the Meadowlark line, and was just wondering what to expect.  I've checked out the reviews in the various forums and most seem pretty positive.  I'm curious how these will stack up against my AV-1's which I'm listening to now paired with an Adire Rava sub and the sound is wonderful.  I'm aware the Swifts are xmission line with a first order xover, are the AV-1's with the series xover considered first order also?   The Swifts almost seem to be a Monitor type speaker in a large enclosure  and I was just wondering what differences I can expect to hear if any.    I'm a little concerned the two will sound very similar to each other (we should all have such concerns) even though the AV-1's are not xmission line.  Sometime in the near future I do plan on purchasing the AV-3's  which I'm sure will best the swift's hands down but until that time comes I'll just have to make due.  Any and all comments welcome!  :D  

Ken

Danny Richie

Comparing
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2005, 04:23 pm »
The A/V-1 uses a higher order series network.

Let us know what you think.

ken

AV-1's vs Meadowlark Swifts
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2005, 07:08 pm »
Thanks for the reply Danny, for some reason I thought the the series network in the AV-1's were first order.  I'll be sure to write a review and comparison as soon as the Swifts are broken in which I understand take considerably longer than the norm.  I was kind of hoping for someone who may have heard both speakers to respond.

Ken

ken

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2005, 07:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply Danny, for some reason I thought the the series network in the AV-1's were first order.  I'll be sure to write a review and comparison as soon as the Swifts are broken in which I understand take considerably longer than the norm.  I was kind of hoping for someone who may have heard both speakers to respond.

Ken

ken

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2005, 12:08 pm »
Sorry for the double post :oops: