Organic Grooves Festival

Scott F.

Organic Grooves Festival
« on: 11 Jul 2005, 10:44 pm »
Hiya Guys,

I just talked to Thom (Flips) today and it sounds like there is a pretty cool music festival that is coming up in August. It's called the Organic Grooves Festival. It's being held at a campground just outside Sullivan. Looks like there will be over 30 bands and it will last 3 days.

It just so happens Thom is playing out there (Sat at 5:30) and rumor has it Willie is playing sometime that weekend too. It's pretty darned affordable at $20 for a 2 day and $25 for a three day pass.

Heres the flyer for the concert.

For you musicians out there (Mike D. and Blackmore) there is going to be open jam sessions each day. Thom sez Friday nights jam starts at 7pm. He mentioned that there will be tons of guitars out there so your ultra-fine trumpeting skills would be most welcome :mrgreen:

Don't know about anybody else but I'm planning on grabbing tickets. Anybody else interested?

Scott F.

Organic Grooves Festival
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2005, 10:49 pm »
...oops, I forgot to give you the link to the website :oops:

http://www.organicgrooves.net/default.asp

Blackmore

Organic Grooves
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2005, 12:38 am »
Hey Scott:

I might be able to go Friday night.  I'll have to check my school calendar.  I'll probably need the break from marching band rehearsals about then.
I'll let you know when I get back in town.  Looking at the groups, I'll definitely keep my horns at home.  Don't think this 50 yr old fat boy will fit into the 'organic groove' theme. :lol:

Mike D

Organic Grooves Festival
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2005, 05:25 pm »
I will have band rehearsal all day Friday with a parade at night and another parade on Saturday.  Sunday is my last day of freedom before school starts.   :cry:

Scott F.

Re: Organic Grooves
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2005, 07:31 pm »
Quote from: Blackmore
....Looking at the groups, I'll definitely keep my horns at home.  Don't think this 50 yr old fat boy will fit into the 'organic groove' theme. :lol:

50 year old fat boy..... hey all you need is a tie-dyed teeshirt and you'll fit right in. Who knows, maybe Deadfish will lend you one of his  :o  :lol:  
...now if I could just find my Hukka pipe....

Quote from: Blackmore
Adagio for oboe, cello and strings -I found the CD -

Thats an excellent CD, one of my favorites :mrgreen:

Mike D, it's a bummer you can't make it. It should be a good time.