Announcing the new Transcendence Eight Vacuum Tube Preamp.

rmihai0

« Reply #20 on: 3 Aug 2005, 02:22 pm »
So, any new owners of the T8? Please - let us know your opinions.

Thank you

plaf26

T8
« Reply #21 on: 3 Aug 2005, 09:55 pm »
Haven't got one (yet) but heard one a couple of weeks ago.  WOW!  Especially the phono section.

WEEZ

« Reply #22 on: 3 Aug 2005, 10:39 pm »
plaf26,

Don't leave us hanging like that  :( ...

Tell us more  :!: . What was the other gear; stuff like that.

:?  WEEZ

MarkM

« Reply #23 on: 4 Aug 2005, 01:21 am »
I ordered one about 3 weeks ago, with the remote and phono options.  I am expecting it any day now.  I am on Vaca next week and that would be so sweeeet if it were here.  If it arrives, I might not get much done around the house next week.

plaf26

« Reply #24 on: 5 Aug 2005, 03:15 pm »
WEEZ:

The other gear was the current set-up in Frank's salon, e.g., Longhorn Grado, HK T50 (I think), I don't know whether the DAC and the amp were OmegaStar or FetValve, but speakers were the 801's which were dug out of mothballs for R & D purposes.  BTW, I ordered the T8.

WEEZ

« Reply #25 on: 5 Aug 2005, 10:41 pm »
MarkM and plaf26;

Neat. Now I can look forward to a couple more reviews while I'm saving my $$'s for a new pre-amp- which will likely be a T-8 also. ( ya' never know, I might spring for an Ultra...)  :?

Sounds like maybe MarkM will be first to report  :?: - then plaf26 in a few weeks  :?:

( my goal is to buy my new pre-amp as a Christmas present to my wife for Christmas  :wink: or at the very latest for Valentines Day  :lol: )

Anticipate y'all's comments in the meantime while I patiently pad my stereo fund..... :cry:

WEEZ

Charles Calkins

« Reply #26 on: 5 Aug 2005, 11:23 pm »
Yo Weez:

If Larry and Frank say that the T7ECR is their very best preamp why would you consider anything else?

Cheers to you my son
        Charlie

WEEZ

« Reply #27 on: 6 Aug 2005, 01:19 am »
....you're probably right, 'dad'  :lol: ....

It'll simply come down to $$'s in the end. Always liked tubed equipment 'cause it had that 'dimension' that most solid state seems to miss.. you know, the larger, open soundstage & stuff...

Us 'older' audiophiles need to consider the ability to play LP's and tapes as well as CD's so maybe my 'analog' past will dictate the all tube T-8. Then again, maybe not 'cause for more $$'s I can have even greater transparency-  with the 'Ultra'- a good thing, IMHO.

I'm confident that either way- I'll be satisfied.

So, your new 'Ultra' is sounding pretty good? I'm envious as hell  :mrgreen:

Post more updates as you listen more. I and others will be interested, i'm sure...

regards,

WEEZ

Charles Calkins

« Reply #28 on: 6 Aug 2005, 02:25 am »
Yo Weez:

Short on bucks to buy Frank's fantastic T7ECR? Tell you a little secret. Get yourself an empty 12oz peanut can. Get you and your family,freinds,enemys,girl scouts,bankers etc. etc. etc. to contribute all their spare change to the peanut can. When that sucker is almost full you will have about $60.00 in it. Now do that 10 times and you will have about $600.00 That amount will sure help you to buy Frank's fantastic T7ECR. Works for me!

Cheers my son
                         Charlie

WEEZ

« Reply #29 on: 6 Aug 2005, 12:50 pm »
I was thinking of setting up a lemonade stand with my grandaughter this weekend but your idea is better.. :lol:  :lol:

(if $600 would get me a new pre-amp, I'd a' already bought it..)  :)

"Hey dad, ya' got a spare two grand I could have?"

:shake:

best,

WEEZ

Charles Calkins

« Reply #30 on: 6 Aug 2005, 03:29 pm »
Yo weez:

Go ahead and order the preamp from Frank. Have him send me the bill.
  I live at:
 1122 boogiewoogie ave.
 winkaneye ca.

Cheers
                 Charlie

parker16

« Reply #31 on: 6 Aug 2005, 06:04 pm »
For the lucky ones waiting arrival of a T8 or ultra, here is something to heighten your anticipation. In the late spring I visited AVA to pick up a power amp. Frank asked if I still listened to vinyl and I replied yes. He said "would you like to listen to something we've been working on?" and of course I said yes. He pulled out an old favorite vinyl album and put it on. I assume that I was listening to the phono section of either the T8 or the ultra. Anyway, the dynamic range, impact, detail, and realism was unlike anything I've ever heard on vinyl, tape, CD, or anything else, short of live music. He played it through the B&W 801's and I think the power amp was a big Fet Valve 500. It was a fully orchestrated piece and there was an unexpected whack on a bass drum at the end that literally made me jump in my chair.  I think you folks are going to love your new pre-amps. In the meantime, I'm just thoroughly enjoying my Ultimate 70 and T7SLR.

WEEZ

« Reply #32 on: 7 Aug 2005, 01:08 am »
:violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin:

:drums:

:rock:

..that wouldn't have been the Firebird Suite, would it?

:?:

WEEZ

rmihai0

« Reply #33 on: 7 Aug 2005, 02:25 am »
Or the Strauss's Zarahtustra?

Montobo

« Reply #34 on: 11 Aug 2005, 04:15 am »
Quote from: parker16
...an unexpected whack on a bass drum at the end that literally made me jump in my chair....

Makes me think of the Rite of Spring.  One heck of a whack, too.

MarkM

« Reply #35 on: 11 Aug 2005, 04:34 am »
Quote from: WEEZ
MarkM and plaf26;

Sounds like maybe MarkM will be first to report  :?: - then plaf26 in a few weeks  :?:

Nothing to report, 4 weeks into it.   I guess they aren't kidding when they state each one is made to order, kind of like the chef setting up his kitchen at your table in the restaurant.

I'm sure it is worth the wait.   Won't have my turntable back up and running until early Sept, so the timing will be about right.

avahifi

remotes waiting for parts
« Reply #36 on: 11 Aug 2005, 12:30 pm »
We have a minor problem that Celadon is back ordered on the remote receiver kits we use in our remote option for preamps.  They claim shipping pretty soon, but that has put a few preamp orders on hold until we get the necessary parts from them.

Sorry about that.

Frank Van Alstine

MarkM

« Reply #37 on: 22 Aug 2005, 11:56 pm »
Any updates for when preamps with the remote option will be shipping  :?:   Patiently waiting.

avahifi

« Reply #38 on: 23 Aug 2005, 01:01 pm »
We have received the remote receiver parts and are trying to catch up on back orders for remote equipped units.  Your T8 with remote will be completed today should ship later this week.

Frank

rmihai0

« Reply #39 on: 28 Aug 2005, 10:49 pm »
Any new owners of T8, can you please post your impressions?

Thank you