Sapphire XL video shielded?

ajayrav

Sapphire XL video shielded?
« on: 4 Jul 2005, 05:06 am »
Hello,

Just a couple of questions about the Sapphire XLs.  Are they video shielded?  I plan to place them  about 2-3 feet on either side of my CRT TV.  Also, will the proposed matching center be an M-T-M design?  What will the approximate ballpark price be?  I'm assuming the center will definitely be video shielded.

Thanks,
Ajay

Mike Dzurko

Re: Sapphire XL video shielded?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jul 2005, 03:49 pm »
Quote from: ajayrav
Hello,

Just a couple of questions about the Sapphire XLs.  Are they video shielded?  I plan to place them  about 2-3 feet on either side of my CRT TV.  Also, will the proposed matching center be an M-T-M design?  What will the approximate ballpark price be?  I'm assuming the center will definitely be video shielded.

Thanks,
Ajay

Ajay:

Good questions! The Sapphire XLs are not shielded. Two to three feet away from a CRT should not be a problem.

The center prototypes are not fully shielded but we are considering that possibility. CRT technology is rapidly fading into the background and none of the other screen technologies require magnetic shielding. The center will likely follow a similar format to our Essence and Protege centers, that is, vertical mid-tweeter array flanked by woofers. We find horizontal MTMs simply unacceptable. The price will be somewhat greater than a single Sapphire XL as the cabinet is larger and will contain four drivers instead of 2.  The Protege is a very good option as a shielded, less expensive center to use with Sapphire XLs.