New two channel digital amp just announced

bikeman

« on: 1 Jul 2005, 05:35 pm »
Mark Schifter of AV123 just announced a new product.  It's vaporware at the moment but it'll get here eventually.  I'll offer to ship one to Vinnie when it becomes available if he has any interest.
This was the announcement:

The first one off of the new X-empower ($69 dollars 2 X 40 watt ALL Digital Integrated Amp with volume control) --- VBG (that stands for Very Big Grin)

David

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: New two channel digital amp just announced
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jul 2005, 06:02 pm »
Quote from: bikeman
I'll offer to ship one to Vinnie when it becomes available if he has any interest.

David

Sure, I'd love to!  Thanks  :hyper:

albee

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jul 2005, 08:29 pm »
bikeman:  do you have a link to that announcement?

thanks.

bikeman

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2005, 08:56 pm »
Quote from: albee
bikeman:  do you have a link to that announcement?

http://forum.av123.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9434

David

suits_me

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jul 2005, 01:54 am »
I really appreciate what they're doing, but the breathless listing of things to come often without even cursory descriptions - not even the product category sometimes - makes my blood pressure rise. It's often just the model numbers, and it is not rational to assume that an end user will know what each thing is or what it costs, particularly when they're not listed in the products section (since they're pre-announcements.)

Anyway, a pair of digital integrateds (with pre/sub outs?) and decent parts quality would be just the sort of thing to grab me...but I personally think a more serene, comprehensive approach might be better for everyone's well being.