new to redwine forum

legalalien

new to redwine forum
« on: 28 Jun 2005, 08:48 pm »
been reading redwine and omega forums now for a couple of months and this stuff seems right up my alley. been in this crazy hobby since the 70's linn-sondek,ampzilla and dalquist dq10's. then marriage,kids,new house and everything else that comes along pulled me out until the hometheater craze in the early 90's pulled me back in. went with a separate audio rig about 5 years ago when funds allowed. nothing ridiculous ,martin-logan aerius(used) nad amp and cd player and the very pleasant and unknown margules audio magenta ade24 digital audio analog enhancer(the best $200 tweak add on yet!). anyway, how i really got interested in redwine and omega ... a couple of months ago my cd player started acting up so i temporarily hooked up an extra dvd player i had bought and was not using the toshiba sd3950. imagine my suprise when i threw it in the main rig and this little $50 spinner sounded better than the modest but $400 nad it replaced. so i do a search on audio asylum on the 3950 and find that this thing is being modded like crazy! which led me to the vinmeister, hey vin if i order the clari-t or reali-t will you/can you mod my 3950? i have already done the damping and isolation but i am basically blind and electrically challenged with no soldering experience. also guys i don't hate the ml's but their lack of dynamics on classic rock is a problem for me but having no crossover above 450 cycles is a positive and they are completely beguiling on jazz (barber,krall etc..) which will make them tough to give up. i am thinking the omega super 3's with a fast sub or the new 8" hemp floorstanders louis is coming out with soon. pardon my grammar i am not much of an email guy(i can talk a lot faster than i can type) any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: new to redwine forum
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2005, 10:30 pm »
Quote from: legalalien
been reading redwine and omega forums now for a couple of months and this stuff seems right up my alley. been in this crazy hobby since the 70's linn-sondek,ampzilla and dalquist dq10's. then marriage,kids,new house and everything else that comes along pulled me out until the hometheater craze in the early 90's pulled me back in. went with a separate audio rig about 5 years ago when funds allowed. nothing ridiculous ,martin-logan aerius(used) nad amp and cd player and the very pleasant and unknown margules  ...

Hi Legalalien,

First, welcome to The Red Wine Audio Circle!

Regarding the Toshiba 3950, it is pretty darn good for the money in its stock form, but gets a lot better with mods.  I'd be happy to mod it for you, and you don't have to buy any of my products either.  I've modded plenty of them and can pretty much do it all with the lights out, but I won't do that  :wink:

The modded 3950 has very nice synergy with the Clari-T, and if you throw in a pair of Omega Super 3's or HempCones into the equation, don't be surprised if you get the best sounding system you've ever owned, and for a lot less $$$  :P

I was over at Omega yesterday (picking up the beautiful new Lotus enclosures) and got to hear the HempCone Floorstander, which is all tweaked out by Louis and sounding incredible!  With the 6-watt Clari-T and Lotus, we were getting a VERY BIG SOUND!  Louis is a real gentleman to work with, and like you, is not much of an email guy, but loves to chat over the phone.  

Feel free to email or call me if I can answer any of your questions:
http://www.redwineaudio.com/Ordering_Info.html

Again, welcome to Audio Circle... I hope you love it hear as much as I do!

Sincerely,

Wind Chaser

new to redwine forum
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2005, 10:39 pm »
Hi Legalalien,

If you're thinking about buying a Clari-T, I may consider selling you mine.  I asked Vinnie if the remainder of the warranty could transfer over to a new owner and he said that wouldn’t be a problem.  Mine is about 4 months old and has seen light use.  

If interested, send me a private message with your phone number and I’ll call you at your convenience.  I find it a lot easier to talk than type…

John Dirks.

legalalien

new to redwine forum
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2005, 12:39 am »
thanks for the prompt reply vin i'm gonna look for the original box that the 3950 came in. if i cant find it i'll have to come up with another way to ship it to you. i'm going on vacation in about a week and half so this might be a good time to send it to you. either way i'll probably call you in a day or two, thanks again!

legalalien

new to redwine forum
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2005, 12:45 am »
hey wind chaser i just might be interested in the used clari-t but i would have to make sure i would have compatable speakers (omegas,etc...) but i'll keep you posted, thanks for your reply.

powerbench

Welcome to the Forum
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2005, 01:32 am »
Hi there well just to let ou know i have a modded 3960,ClariT(now modded)and Omega Minimes and theyre ROCKING!!!
iF YOUR STUCK ON CASH get the one piece at a time so you can hear the difference...youll be amazed.