Best analog rig for the 1K and 2K price point

SET Man

Best analog rig for the 1K and 2K price point
« Reply #20 on: 17 Jul 2005, 07:27 pm »
Quote from: Bemopti123
.... Never realized how labor intensive it was!  Well, got it done and took it to a spin in a system there.  WOW.  
We put some vinyl and all I can tell you, my ears began to tickle.  

Now, I brought he set up home and I am in the process of breaking in a pair of FTA-2000s from Bob Brines, which SETMAN helped me resolder a pair of net ...

Hey! Paul,

First congratulation on you new TT. It looks very elegant with that tone arm :D The combo sound very good in the dealer's setup, clean, responsive and very good dynamic. And the built should last you a loooong time. Now you need a good Phono-pre to go with that nice TT :wink:

Anyway, it was a fun day yesterday. So, enjoy your new TT and new speaker with Fostex... will be a long while for the Fostex to be fully broken in.... but after that! Single driver magic! :mrgreen:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

mmakshak

If you can do a little tweaking.
« Reply #21 on: 25 Oct 2005, 06:16 pm »
Consider Ariston turntables(generally as good or better than Linns, I believe).  Unfortunately, the company is out of business.  I have to admit that I only heard the Linn once( the Ariston beat it), and I have since bought a Linn, ekos, archiv, Lingo, but haven't set it up on the Mana table yet.  I also recommend the Mapleshade maple and footers for the the table.  What happens with a belt-driven suspended subchasis turntable, is that once the belt picks up the platter, you have a closed system(i.e., the arm and table don't move independently, and hopefully the motor).  I just wanted to be a little bit of a naysayer to the current fav-Teres, etc.  Also, those people might want to consider if their company will still be in business years from now(which can be important).

Marbles

Re: If you can do a little tweaking.
« Reply #22 on: 25 Oct 2005, 06:24 pm »
Quote from: mmakshak
Also, those people might want to consider if their company will still be in business years from now(which can be important). ...

What companies are you certain are going to be here in 5 years?

IBM? Xerox? Kodak?

I'd bet on Google, Microsoft, Coca Cola  etc..

I'm not sure there are too many audio companies I would bet on......Bose might be one, Monster cable too.... isn't that sad?

I wouldn't let it deter me from buying a product I liked from a company I liked.  As always YMMV.