Solar Battery Charges for Red Wine gear ?

nodiak

« on: 10 Jun 2005, 06:38 am »
Anyone with solar electric experiences have any ideas? Any panels to suggest? Don

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Solar Battery Charges for Red Wine gear ?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2005, 02:09 pm »
Quote from: nodiak
Anyone with solar electric experiences have any ideas? Any panels to suggest? Don
    What about cloudy or rainy day's....no sun... no music . :scratch: [/list:u]

Dmason

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2005, 04:40 pm »
In the Southwest, this is not a problem. Solar is the way to go. Zero environmental impact, zero noise, zero expense, zero hassle.

Western Marine, or most yacht chandleries will have various solutions designed for weatherproof, failsafe solar.

nodiak

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2005, 05:19 pm »
There's also alot of solar equipment for RV's. I'll get around to checking that out. A little research might come up with units that would fit the requirements of Red Wine gear. May prove worthwhile. Seasons and geography/climate will play a role for sure, but not trying to power a house or factory! The thought struck me last night. I'll check with a local solar power company too. I think it would kick arse to be entirely off the grid music-wise. Can't make toast? Make music!
Wind generators too...water wheels...they all function with batteries in the loop. Might as well see what they've come up with over the past few decades of r&d.
Don

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2005, 07:42 pm »
Rainy season, night time?  Still need batteries of some kind.  These guys can't take that much power.  

Here's one closer to home:  How much juice are you using to be on this forum?

nodiak

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2005, 08:32 pm »
JLM, talking about charging batteries, not a direct feed. Not sure what's possible, checking it out, not saying it should be done. Disclaimer: No debate ready statements at this time  :lol: . Even here in the coastal fog belt solar cells help power roadside flashers (roadside flashers  :o ). Anyone experienced with solar panel use? Know any formulas to help figure out what device to charge a Clari-T battery for ex.? Don-not pushing the idea, just curious.

ohenry

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2005, 11:34 pm »
I've seen these type things in catalogs, but have no experience.  I'm not sure if it's voltage is a problem.
http://www.baproducts.com/asccustompages/products.asp?ProductID=2542