Omega/clari-t to match my iPod

Jay Rebus

« on: 13 May 2005, 01:25 am »
With the success of the iPod and places like Psiber and Goldster making iPod-styled amp/speaker combos, I think it'd be a great place for Omega/Red Wine to branch into.  A mini-me/clari-t white matching combo with cabling all for under $1000 would turn a lot of heads.

Also, with the power of ipodlounge.com, where a positive review reaches millions, it could be a break-out hit in an entirely different market than the current diy/audiophile base here now.

Anyone agree?

fabaudio

« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2005, 01:35 am »
I believe they're too busy right now with the projects on hand

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Omega/clari-t to match my iPod
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2005, 02:45 am »
Quote from: Jay Rebus
With the success of the iPod and places like Psiber and Goldster making iPod-styled amp/speaker combos, I think it'd be a great place for Omega/Red Wine to branch into.  A mini-me/clari-t white matching combo with cabling all for under $1000 would turn a lot of heads.

Also, with the power of ipodlounge.com, where a positive review reaches millions, it could be a break-out hit in an entirely different market than the current diy/audiophile base here now.

Anyone agree?

Hi Jay,

I've tried an IPod (apple lossless files) with the Clari-T using a custom 1-foot 1/8" stereo jack to RCA converter cable, and have to admit that I was very impressed with how it sounded!  I believe the Ipod volume was turned up to 85% or so, and I used the volume control on the Clari-T.
I also heard that the line-out on the bottom of the IPod gives even better performance than the headphone output that I was using.

Regarding a Omega/Red Wine IPod-matching setup, this is something that we'd explore if there was enough interest.  I don't know if people would dig the Ipod white speakers.  For now, you can still use your Ipod with a Clari-T and Mini Me's  :wink:  I think you can get a black Ipod cover (or was that the special U2 edition or something?)