Bi Wiring Jags

ksie

Bi Wiring Jags
« on: 10 May 2005, 02:48 pm »
I would like to bi-wire my Jaguar LFMs.  Problem is the sub to satelite distance is only about 7-8 inches.  I can’t seem to find bi-wire speaker lengths anywhere near this shortness (I probably want to go with the DH Labs Q10).  Other than cutting and re-terminating myself, or using a 6’ length, what options do I have?

Karl

Mike Dzurko

Bi Wiring Jags
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2005, 03:59 pm »
Karl:

We do all sorts of custom DH Labs cables everyday. Email sales@audioc.com or call for a quote . . . .have a great day!

ksie

Bi Wiring Jags
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2005, 11:14 am »
Thanks Mike, I should have guessed as much; ACI is always there for its customers!  Am enjoying the Jag system immensely!

Karl

Eric

Bi Wiring Jags
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2005, 07:53 pm »
Exactly How would you bi-wire them. My take is that you would run one connection to the LFM with the normal jumbers between the LFM and lower bindings on the Jags, and the second bi-wire to the upper connection on the Jags. Is that correct?

ksie

Bi Wiring Jags
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2005, 09:25 am »
Hi Eric,

Yes, as you describe.  I actually had them bi-wired with my old speaker wire from my Sapphire set-up, but this is a 6-foot run, and is now back with the Sapphs.  I felt bi-wiring improved that speaker system, although the improvement is fairly modest.

Karl