Teac, battery or not

ryno

Teac, battery or not
« on: 1 May 2005, 02:38 am »
I have a teac in my bedroom system, and I'm interested in mods. Two options, one, get whatever mods possible with out going battery, and leaving the amp close to the speakers. Two, getting the battery mod and moving the system by the bed, ie 15 foot speaker runs. I know it's lame, but I know I won't get out of bed to shut things off. Now I leave the teac on 24/7, pre and DAC don't need to be powered down, and the source has auto shutoff .
Ryan

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Teac, battery or not
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2005, 02:52 am »
Quote from: ryno
I have a teac in my bedroom system, and I'm interested in mods. Two options, one, get whatever mods possible with out going battery, and leaving the amp close to the speakers. Two, getting the battery mod and moving the system by the bed, ie 15 foot speaker runs. I know it's lame, but I know I won't get out of bed to shut things off. Now I leave the teac on 24/7, pre and DAC don't need to be powered down, and the source has auto shutoff .
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Choices, choices  :lol:

I say the the battery-modded Teac will sound superior.  It doesn't matter if you use 15 foot speaker cables or 2-foot speaker cables...the battery modification MAKES THE UNIT!  8)

Ditch the switcher (switch-mode power supply)!!!  :mrgreen:

Regards,