NFL 2023/24

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: NFL 2023/24
« Reply #280 on: 15 Jan 2024, 10:26 am »
Cowgirls get their ass handed to them, oh happy day.  Belichick to Dallas?  Hmmm.  In support of zero sum game I don't even care if the Steelers and Eagles lose today such is the overwhelming joy.  Funny, I like the players, Prescott is a great underdog story and Parsons is a fabulous player, but the team can lose every game for all I care.

Nice to see Detroit win a playoff game.  Interesting to see how far Houston can go, quite a Cinderella story.

rodge827

« Reply #281 on: 15 Jan 2024, 01:13 pm »
Yes it was a great day in Dallas! I agree with you about the players, likable and oozing with talent. But I lost respect way back with the “Americas Team” sh*+! My brother and a few friends are ardent Dallas fans. How do you grow up in South Jersey and become a Dallas fan? Must be some kind of recessive gene affected by a weak mental capacity?  :dunno: Still a mystery to me! :duh: Sent this text to a bunch of Cowpucky fans after the game:

“When is the Prescott, Lamb, Pollard, McCarthy tee time tomorrow?”

No answers yet guess they couldn’t get one?  :nono:

Hoping my Iggles wake up today and remember what they do for a living?

So far a good weekend of football congrats to the Chiefs, Texans, Packers,and Lions!

rbbert

« Reply #282 on: 15 Jan 2024, 01:18 pm »
Not for the Chiefs?

rodge827

« Reply #283 on: 15 Jan 2024, 01:23 pm »
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2024, 03:56 pm by rodge827 »

mcgsxr

« Reply #284 on: 15 Jan 2024, 07:42 pm »
Interesting to see NFL games played in brutally cold weather (grew up watching some Packers, Minnesota and Bills games in the snow for sure) - reminded me of a few Grey Cups up here in Canada.

My wife and daughters have a newfound love of the sport due to Taylor Swift, so they are KC fans.  I will take any and all football on TV ever after 20 years!

Playoffs looking to be an interesting run this year.

stlrman

« Reply #285 on: 15 Jan 2024, 10:33 pm »
Steelers look like SHIT !!fumbles , an interception in the end zone !!! Slack / weak defenses
Going be a looooong day .
How about Greenbay !! Love looks great . They decimated the Cowgirls !!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #286 on: 15 Jan 2024, 11:07 pm »
The Steelers don't look like they showed up (aside from one series).
I'm curious to see how the Beagles do.

FireGuy

« Reply #287 on: 16 Jan 2024, 01:16 am »
Bills are looking extremely capable.  Not over-the-top, destroyer mode wins,  but competent.   With the run game in tact, yeah quite doable next week Vs. KC.  Interesting team.

FireGuy

« Reply #288 on: 16 Jan 2024, 01:24 am »
This from Adam Schefter: 

"Chiefs at Bills next Sunday will be Patrick Mahomes’ first-ever road playoff game. All of Mahomes’ 15 career playoff games have taken place in Kansas City or a Super Bowl."

JDoyle

« Reply #289 on: 16 Jan 2024, 01:37 am »
This from Adam Schefter: 

"Chiefs at Bills next Sunday will be Patrick Mahomes’ first-ever road playoff game. All of Mahomes’ 15 career playoff games have taken place in Kansas City or a Super Bowl."

Everything that the Bills and the Mafia wanted… it’s going to be Epic.

Bills should have ran away with this one, but once again they make errors that allow the competition to get back into the game.

Still, they are the team to beat…

vrao81

« Reply #290 on: 16 Jan 2024, 03:53 am »
Beagles losing..Will Siriani be fired? I feel bad for Kelce.

jjss49

« Reply #291 on: 16 Jan 2024, 04:27 am »
Beagles losing..Will Siriani be fired? I feel bad for Kelce.

eagles' unraveling is now complete... outcoached and outplayed by the 9-8 bucs and baker mayfield, what shame! - leaving jalen back there in empty sets all game with all the heat coming again and again was just insane... i think siriani simply adds zero value as a head coach -- but how tough is the nfl?  maybe couple plays from winning the super bowl last year, now the whole house burns to the ground

as for the bills, nice win, but the steelers really didn't belong in the playoffs, backed in due to jags' own implosion -- bills and chiefs both highly flawed, will be an interesting contest next week, in fact all 4 will be great games

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #292 on: 16 Jan 2024, 11:28 am »
eagles' unraveling is now complete... outcoached and outplayed by the 9-8 bucs and baker mayfield, what shame! - leaving jalen back there in empty sets all game with all the heat coming again and again was just insane... i think siriani simply adds zero value as a head coach -- but how tough is the nfl?  maybe couple plays from winning the super bowl last year, now the whole house burns to the ground

as for the bills, nice win, but the steelers really didn't belong in the playoffs, backed in due to jags' own implosion -- bills and chiefs both highly flawed, will be an interesting contest next week, in fact all 4 will be great games

Hilarious.  You do realize that all but one team loses in this and they aren't totally dismantled, right?  And that the Eagles were without two major weapons on offense.  The big issue with the Eagles isn't their team, it's that they lost both coordinators and haven't found quality replacements.  They looked bad when they were winning.  Hurts was badly injured for nearly the entire season and battled through.  Disappointing for sure, but they're far from sunk.

The bills will have way more to handle than Mason Rudolph and the Steelers next week.  Should be a great game, looking forward to it.  And for the teams moving on you all have Baltimore and San Francisco rested and ready.

twitch54

« Reply #293 on: 16 Jan 2024, 01:52 pm »
Bills are looking extremely capable.  Not over-the-top, destroyer mode wins,  but competent.   With the run game in tact, yeah quite doable next week Vs. KC.  Interesting team.

Linebacking core is injury mess, in Bflo or not, I suspect Mahonnes will be licking his chops. Regardless, fingers crossed for a Bills win.

As for the Eagles, one of THE most pathetic performances I've ever watched. The shot of the Iggle fans at the game with paper bags over their heads was perfect. The team 'at present' is an absolute disgrace !!!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #294 on: 16 Jan 2024, 03:15 pm »
As for the Eagles, one of THE most pathetic performances I've ever watched. The shot of the Iggle fans at the game with paper bags over their heads was perfect. The team 'at present' is an absolute disgrace !!!
So what do you call all the teams sitting home this past weekend?  One assumes they're all more pathetic than the Eagles.  This year the Eagles beat the Bills, KC, Dallas, do they all suck?  The Bills and many other teams have never won a Superbowl, do they all suck?  Are they pathetic? :duh:

twitch54

« Reply #295 on: 16 Jan 2024, 04:00 pm »
So what do you call all the teams sitting home this past weekend?  One assumes they're all more pathetic than the Eagles.  This year the Eagles beat the Bills, KC, Dallas, do they all suck?  The Bills and many other teams have never won a Superbowl, do they all suck?  Are they pathetic? :duh:

No, my reference was to last nites game. But as you and I exchanged posts a few days back, their collapse(like P'burg did) from a 10-1 start and given the fact they went to the SB last year is without question epic !

Last nites game and the absolute pathetic plays on defense, inability to 'tackle' is but one example. This AM our local talking heads on Philly TV, some of which are blaming coaching ???? Total BS, you're in the NFL for Gods sake, should have learned to tackle before you get to this level ! But no, so many of these clowns want their 5 sec of highlight fame to be show with the 'big hit'. Just but one example of why I haven't wasted my time watching a complete game in many a year !

As for your question with regards to the teams they beat during the regular season.........'old news', meaningless !

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #296 on: 16 Jan 2024, 05:12 pm »
I want to see how Houston does, they were just astonishing the other week.
Will the Ravens beat them up or are they simply that good?

twitch54

« Reply #297 on: 16 Jan 2024, 05:18 pm »
I want to see how Houston does, they were just astonishing the other week.
Will the Ravens beat them up or are they simply that good?

Fingers crossed for a good game !

gene9p

« Reply #298 on: 16 Jan 2024, 05:30 pm »
Chiefs vs Bills..CBS..not Peacock..thank God....

big Chiefs fan ..but..the Bills may prove to be too good for them this year.

FireGuy

« Reply #299 on: 17 Jan 2024, 01:48 am »
"Linebacking core is injury mess, in Bflo or not, I suspect Mahonnes will be licking his chops. Regardless, fingers crossed for a Bills win."

Given the challenges the Bills defense has been through this year, their production has been remarkable.  Especially the last seven weeks.  This team feeds off Josh Allen.  Josh feeds off them.  Buffalo has proven they can beat KC.   They'll get it done.  Once JA gets in beast mode, it's over.