« Reply #160 on: 23 Nov 2023, 11:21 pm »
Dolly!!  :drool:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: NFL 2023/24
« Reply #161 on: 24 Nov 2023, 10:07 am »
Dolly!!  :drool:

My goodness she was an embarrassment.  I love Dolly Parton for the wonderful person she is, but women in their seventies who've lost their voice should not be on stage in hot pants.  She had to hold on to the stage to remain standing.  I felt so bad for this delightful person who has done so much for so many that I had to turn the channel.

charmerci

« Reply #162 on: 24 Nov 2023, 11:54 am »
Loins got beat! R they overrated?

If you want to look at the most unpredictable results, try predicting division games. Yeah, most of the time it usually goes as it should but division teams know each other's weaknesses better.

jjss49

« Reply #163 on: 25 Nov 2023, 11:46 pm »
Lions got beat! R they overrated?

lions pass defense was atrocious... made jordan love look like brett favre in his prime

jjss49

« Reply #164 on: 27 Nov 2023, 04:51 am »
ahhh the bills...  this squad just knows how to find a way to lose...  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #165 on: 27 Nov 2023, 11:46 am »
ahhh the bills...  this squad just knows how to find a way to lose...  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It was a great game going to overtime with a 60 yard FG.  Back and forth the whole game, Bills up early then the Eagles bouncing back.  In overtime the Bills marched right down the field and I told my son that it was a great game even if the Eagles lose and I was impressed by both teams and both quarterbacks. 

It was a little birthday party for my 70th so after watching the Steelers here in Pittsburgh, terrible game even tho they won, they took me to Buffalo Wild Wings.  Of course emptied out here in the Burgh so we had our choice of tables to watch the first half then back home.  So many great plays, lead changes, two of the top QBs in the league, a true classic.

rockadanny

« Reply #166 on: 27 Nov 2023, 05:25 pm »
ahhh the bills...  this squad just knows how to find a way to lose
I normally don't blame the refs for when teams win or lose, because it usually all works out in the wash over the entirety of the game. But when the Bills were driving with strong momentum and Josh got horse-collar tackled and dumped the ball ... That no-call on the tackle, which was blatant and obvious illegal, and to make matters worse ruling intentional grounding, that immediately and completely killed their drive and mojo. I really think they were moments away from getting into the end zone and would win the game. That was complete horse$#!t.

And the Lions ... they are on a serious down-slide. The defense is swiss cheese. And offense, even with all of that talent, have lost their mojo ... I seriously doubt they will win another game the rest of the season. True, I'm a loooong-time suffering fan, so perhaps biased/cynical. But they have looked awful lately. While other teams in their division are playing better.

newzooreview

« Reply #167 on: 27 Nov 2023, 07:13 pm »
And the Lions ... they are on a serious down-slide. The defense is swiss cheese. And offense, even with all of that talent, have lost their mojo ... I seriously doubt they will win another game the rest of the season.

Well, the Saints next week will be a good test of your concerns. If the Lions can't beat the Saints then you definitely have something to worry about.

Watching Dennis Allen destroy the team has been a grim affair. Meanwhile, Sean Payton has revived the Broncos. I think a lot of folks in New Orleans are enjoying the Broncos' games just to see a few former players (Trautman, Lutz, Lil' Jordan Humphrey) playing with Payton and looking like a coherent, serious-minded team and not the dilapidated mess the Saints have become.

jjss49

« Reply #168 on: 1 Dec 2023, 05:52 am »
cowgirls lookin' pretty...  seahawks are a pretty good team, great effort, but dallas just a little better in all phases

seahawks in the unenviable position of being just good enough to lose to any of the top teams

was exciting to watch but the outcome hardly unexpected

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #169 on: 1 Dec 2023, 10:52 am »
cowgirls lookin' pretty...  seahawks are a pretty good team, great effort, but dallas just a little better in all phases

seahawks in the unenviable position of being just good enough to lose to any of the top teams

was exciting to watch but the outcome hardly unexpected

Mostly agree, but the Hawks were marching for the win when they decided not to block Parsons on 4th and two.  Not saying they would have scored a TD and won, which would have extended Dallas' streak of not beating a winning team this year, but they had a shot after consistently moving the ball against the Dallas D.  I think the takeaway from a great game is that the Cowgirls need to be at home for the playoffs.

newzooreview

« Reply #170 on: 3 Dec 2023, 06:45 pm »
Well, the Saints next week will be a good test of your concerns. If the Lions can't beat the Saints then you definitely have something to worry about.

Watching Dennis Allen destroy the team has been a grim affair. Meanwhile, Sean Payton has revived the Broncos. I think a lot of folks in New Orleans are enjoying the Broncos' games just to see a few former players (Trautman, Lutz, Lil' Jordan Humphrey) playing with Payton and looking like a coherent, serious-minded team and not the dilapidated mess the Saints have become.

I hope the Lions are getting a good confidence boost. Even though beating the Saints is not a Herculean task, they should be up 28-0 by halftime.

Freo-1

« Reply #171 on: 3 Dec 2023, 11:45 pm »
I normally don't blame the refs for when teams win or lose, because it usually all works out in the wash over the entirety of the game. But when the Bills were driving with strong momentum and Josh got horse-collar tackled and dumped the ball ... That no-call on the tackle, which was blatant and obvious illegal, and to make matters worse ruling intentional grounding, that immediately and completely killed their drive and mojo. I really think they were moments away from getting into the end zone and would win the game. That was complete horse$#!t.

And the Lions ... they are on a serious down-slide. The defense is swiss cheese. And offense, even with all of that talent, have lost their mojo ... I seriously doubt they will win another game the rest of the season. True, I'm a loooong-time suffering fan, so perhaps biased/cynical. But they have looked awful lately. While other teams in their division are playing better.

Oh ye of little faith.  The Lions pulled out the win against the Saints.  The injuries on the O-Line are taking a toll.  I think the coaches will address this as best they can.  I expect to see some improvement.

C-J Gardner will be back soon, and Irwin will help the pass rush.  They may not go too far in the post season, but they will have a good season overall.  One more good off season, and they will be among the elite.

vrao81

« Reply #172 on: 4 Dec 2023, 12:22 am »
49ers whipping the Beagles!

jjss49

« Reply #173 on: 4 Dec 2023, 12:33 am »
49ers whipping the Beagles!

1st quarter was looking dicey for the niners and then the dam broke

thought the greenlaw ejection in 3q was a potential turning point, but the deebo td immediately thereafter was a backbreaker, what a tremendous response

hope they can do it again in the playoffs!

vrao81

« Reply #174 on: 4 Dec 2023, 04:29 am »
Chiefs got beat too!

Mainly by bad officiating

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #175 on: 4 Dec 2023, 01:07 pm »
Mainly by bad officiating

The officiating is atrocious across the league.  The roughness penalty against GB for hitting Mahomes with a perfectly legal textbook hit, exactly the way the NFL would like all players to do it, while Mahomes was in bounds, is exemplary of everything wrong in the NFL.  Officials get accused of all kinds of cheating, but it's surely incompetence in most cases.  I think it's possible they have pressure from the league to keep games close, but the embrace of gambling taints every single bad call.  The league needs major changes.  Professional full time refs is a mandatory change needed yesterday.  And they need to distance from gambling.  Just like tobacco is legal for use but not advertising because it's toxic, gambling needs to be removed from NFL TV time.  Rant done.

jjss49

« Reply #176 on: 4 Dec 2023, 09:56 pm »
i agree, the officiating is just atrocious, changes outcomes of far too many important games

but then again, this is actually nothing new...

vrao81

« Reply #177 on: 5 Dec 2023, 05:10 am »
Hope you stayed up to watch Bengals Jags! Entertaining!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #178 on: 5 Dec 2023, 11:52 am »
Hope you stayed up to watch Bengals Jags! Entertaining!

Yes and no.  I fell asleep early, as usual these days, but woke up for the end.  Great game going to OT.  Hopefully the Jaguars aren't searching for a QB and Trever Laurence comes back quickly.  The kid in Cincy looks better than Burrows.

1969jets

« Reply #179 on: 6 Dec 2023, 03:58 pm »
It was quite a game.  Although I am not a Jags fan, they have been so awful the past few years it is nice to see them having some success (despite losing to the Bengals).  Hopefully Lawrence will be back on his feet soon and his sprain heals quickly.