SOLD: Dodd Audio Entry Level Premp (ELP) modified by Gary Dodd

IronLion

SOLD

Selling a Dodd Audio Entry Level Preamp in 9/10 excellent condition. I no longer need this because since I switched to a high gain amplifier (Job 225), I no longer need the gain of an active pre. I've tried to find ways to justify keeping this but I can't in my systems, so it's time for it to find another home. Truly an excellent preamp.

When I first bought this preamp from here on the AC forums, one of the tube sockets wasn't working well, so I sent it back to Gary for replacement. While he had the preamp on hand, we spoke and I asked him to add some other modifications to improve its performance:
  • Volume pot was changed from a Noble pot to the same Alps motorized pot used in Gary's battery pre
  • Second set of RCA outputs added
  • Remote/outboard power supply for even quieter noise floor (he said it was close to his battery powered pre)
  • Matsushita platinum grade cryogenically treated 7DJ8 tubes from Upscale Audio (these cost me $110)
Asking $425 shipped to your door via USPS priority mail. I'll cover the Paypal fees.

« Last Edit: 4 Jul 2023, 01:29 am by IronLion »

jmc207

PM sent.