SOLD on Other Site: LTA Z40+ integrated phono stage, SUT

Daryl Zero

I am selling my LTA z40+ with all upgrades including phono stage and SUT. I changed the 4 12AU7s to French Mazda made “ladder plate” 12AU7 from the 1960s and changed the quad of Gold Lion KT77s to Psvane EL34s. Pick which tubes  you want. The unit is in great condition and I do not see marks or blemishes on the casing. Works great.

From the original owner:  From the original owner: "Like new LTA Z40+ integrated tube amplifier. Purchased October 2020, directly from the LTA store in Takoma Park (I live just down the street). Upgraded to the new "+" version about six months ago (which required a new case, so no blemishes on it at all). I upgraded to the Level 2 MC/MM w/SUT phono preamp as well, which is incredible.

Info here (including information on the "+" upgrade and phono preamp): https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/products/z40-integrated-amplifier."

Lower price and shipping CONUS included in price

I am the second owner. From the first owner in May 2022: "Purchased October 2020, directly from the LTA store in Takoma Park (I live just down the street). Upgraded to the new "+" version about six months ago (which required a new case, so no blemishes on it at all). I upgraded to the Level 2 MC/MM w/SUT phono preamp as well, which is incredible."

From LTA's website:

"For those who demand the best, but want to keep things simple. The Z40+ Integrated amplifier delivers the magic, realism, and 3D soundstage of our patented ZOTL technology, all in one (gorgeous) package.

A single-component solution, the Z40+ Integrated amplifier incorporates the acclaimed ZOTL40+ Reference power amplifier, a Berning-designed preamplifier, and LTA’s digital control system–beautifully packaged in a Fern & Roby-designed case.

The Z40i+ generates up to 51 watts per channel. This means the Z40i+ can easily drive speakers with sensitivity ratings at or above 85db for critical listening. For smaller rooms or non-critical listening, it can drive speakers rated down to 80db. In any configuration, listeners enjoy startling realism, plentiful bass, low noise, plus gorgeous mids and highs."

LTA on the phono stage:

"Phono Preamp Based on Iconic David Berning Design
The internal phono preamp is based on one of David Berning's classic phono preamps. Instead of tubes, we realized his design using the latest, ultra low noise op-amps. We have updated the amplification stage to a dual mono design and increased the overall headroom and gain to allow for the circuit to be used with both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges without a step-up transformer.

The MM/MC Phono Preamp w/ SUT uses premium Lundahl step up transformers for the highest level of performance with high-end MC cartridges.

David's precise equalization circuit provides a level of tonal accuracy and detail that typically is only experienced in much more expensive products.

All settings (MM/MC, preamp and SUT gain, resistive and capacitive loading) are accessible via the digital menu system to allow you to easily switch between different cartridges or tonearms."

The upgrades, not including the tubes, has a new current retail value of $9,150.
I bought it used a bit more than a year ago but it is in perfect condition and works great.
I'm selling because I am downsizing and it also doesn't fit into my audio furniture.
I really love the amp but I don't have a place for it.
Works perfectly. I've been using the SUT for an MC Cart with my TT. Nice and quiet.

I don't think the tubes have more than 500 hours and LTA advertises that the tubes will last approximately 10,000 hours.

I would rate it conservatively as an 8 out of 10 only because it has had more than one owner.
The tubes I purchased cost a bit more than $700 extra and I bought them from Brent Jessee at audiotubes.com.

Reviews:

https://audiobacon.net/2021/05/30/lta-z40-integrated-amplifier-review-tube-solid-state/

https://enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0221/Linear_Tube_Audio_Z40_Integrated_Amplifier_Review_ZOTL_Ultralinear.htm

https://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php/equipment-menu/998-linear-tube-audio-z40-integrated-amplifier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epNH6ELnJ74&t=1254s

I'm guessing about $100 for shipping and insurance to CONUS.
New Price is $6,600.00 $5,750.00 $5,500+ shipping and insurance so $5,600 is $5,250 which includes shipping CONUS that's a ganga.

My USAM handle is jwreich13 and my Ebay handle is Darylzero13 and I have a spotless record with a combined number of transactions with reputation given between this site and Ebay of 51 excellent transactions. I have also done some transactions at AudioCircle but they don't report reputation there.
I will take Zelle or PayPal F&F.

Happy to answer any questions.

Update:  It was listed on USAudioMart and it was traded on that site for the value of the full asking price of $5,250.

« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2023, 11:20 pm by Daryl Zero »

Daryl Zero

Price reduced to $6,300 + $100 shipping CONUS.

Daryl Zero

Price reduced to $6,200 + $100 shipping CONUS.

For those of you who were at Pacific Audio Fest, I believe this is the same integrated amp model Spatial Audio used to play the Q6s.

Daryl Zero

Reducing the price to keep it line with USMart price and to put out a more than fair price: $5,999 + $100 shipping.

Daryl Zero

Bump for new price.

Daryl Zero

Bump again.

Daryl Zero

Bump for reduction

Daryl Zero

Daryl Zero

Bump, now with information from original owner about updates.

Daryl Zero