describe sonic differences 3BST vs 3B3

JayNYC

describe sonic differences 3BST vs 3B3
« on: 23 Apr 2023, 12:31 am »
Can anyone here describe in a few sentences (or less) the sonic differences between 3BST and 3B3?

Audiophile (phool?) terminology warmly accepted  :D

Mag

Re: describe sonic differences 3BST vs 3B3
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2023, 12:54 am »
IMO they have a similar house sound if you want to call it that,which is a neutral sound. The Cubed version is way more linear, has what I call bass vibe and smoother highs with lower noise floor. Also would have close to 200 watts which should drive most speakers.
With my 3B st not enough watts for the spl I listen. I own a 3b st, 3b sst2, 2b lp, and have heard the 3b cubed at Dealer's.

JayNYC

« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2023, 01:12 am »
Very helpful @mag thank you .  Curious if others perceive same.

gbaby

« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2023, 10:04 pm »
IMO they have a similar house sound if you want to call it that,which is a neutral sound. The Cubed version is way more linear, has what I call bass vibe and smoother highs with lower noise floor. Also would have close to 200 watts which should drive most speakers.
With my 3B st not enough watts for the spl I listen. I own a 3b st, 3b sst2, 2b lp, and have heard the 3b cubed at Dealer's.

I own the 2.5bsst2 and if it has more bass than that, it would be overkill. But, the 2.5Bsst2 only lasted three years so I'm sure the sound is somewhat similar to the cube.

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #4 on: 4 May 2023, 02:01 pm »
I own the 2.5bsst2 and if it has more bass than that, it would be overkill. But, the 2.5Bsst2 only lasted three years so I'm sure the sound is somewhat similar to the cube.

Unless you compare it on the same speakers, your comment on “more bass than that” isn’t really valid.
Just sayin

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #5 on: 4 May 2023, 03:41 pm »
Why would there be any audible differences when played at reasonable levels?
Are there Audio Precision (or other) test files on the two amps?

Mag

« Reply #6 on: 4 May 2023, 04:01 pm »
Why would there be any audible differences when played at reasonable levels?
Are there Audio Precision (or other) test files on the two amps?

At reasonable levels even Youtube sounds good. Crank it though and on many songs compression becomes apparent, exposing it for a bad recording. :smoke: