Buchardt A500 latest Signature Edition

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Buchardt A500 latest Signature Edition
« on: 3 Mar 2023, 01:11 pm »
Equipped with low distortion Purifi mid-woofers, cardioid Master Tuning for close front wall placement, and HDF cabinets on top of standard features.  $4900 euro plus WISA hub or integrated.  Standard A500 is 3500 euro and comes with various Master Tunings, XLR and WISA wireless connections (hub adds DSP room correction with use of iPhone).  All A500's can be switched between 2.5-way or 3-way operation for either maximum output or maximum bass extension (f3 = 25Hz).  The cabinet has two sealed chambers, upper contains the deeply cupped tweeter and rear firing mid-woofer and the bottom holds the front firing mid-woofer and electronics (including three 150 watt class D amps). 

Trade in your subwoofers, power amps, pre-amp, interconnects, speaker cables, and floor standing loudspeakers for this compact, uncluttered solution that sounds great.  Just add your favorite source(s).

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Buchardt A500 latest Signature Edition
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2023, 04:53 pm »
These look great, would make a good choice for a second system, especially if space is at a premium.

dburna

« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2023, 06:23 pm »
Starting over, definitely the way I would go. They are making 50 pairs each of these in one of two finishes. The light wood (palisander?) is already sold out, leaving 50 (or fewer) pairs left in ebony. If I had 5k Euros right now and the need for these, I'd order one of these remaining pairs and sell off everything else.

Simplicity is beautiful. Nice catch, Jeff.

jpm

« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2023, 09:20 pm »
The Buchardt A500 (not signature) and A700 have received a fair bit of attention from John Darko over the past several months ... plenty to watch for those interested in more info.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 4 Mar 2023, 12:44 am »
Jeff,

Have you traded all your old gear for a pair of these? [I haven't heard any of the Buchardt speakers.]

Michael

2bigears

« Reply #5 on: 4 Mar 2023, 01:24 am »
 :) great way to keep it simple. I just moved and my rig has 100 parts. Getting to be a pita ,, if you move. Sounds great when in operation but boy is it a lotta work setting up. Add a feed and your done. Those cats are pretty smart way across the pond.  :D

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #6 on: 4 Mar 2023, 01:02 pm »
Tyson, these would be my first system.  We're retired and thinking about downsizing/chasing the grandkids.

Michael, no I haven't made the move (yet) but most of my moves are slow.  I have't heard a Buchardt yet but a friend just picked up a pair of S300 Mk 2 SE (baby Buchardts, passive 2-way, $1170/pair, available only in the U.S.).  Will get a chance to hear them next Saturday at a small audio meet.  Right now I'm snowed in.

Pascal, yes those Danes are clever.  I owned a pair of Dynaudio BM5 Mk3 a few years back (plain-jane active, 2-way monitors) and liked them just fine.