SOLD: Audiokinesis Jazz Modules (Original version with TAD driver)

hchilcoat

If you are reading this you probably know how special these speakers are. These are the original with the TAD TL-1102 drivers with a 90-degree constant-directivity waveguide. These have a solid walnut front with matching veneer sides. There is a slight crack on the front panel which occurred naturally as shown in the close-up picture. It is hard to notice from any distance and does not affect performance or structure. There are also a few minor scuffs/scratches that I have tried to capture in the pictures. I've enjoyed these speakers for about 15 years and never thought about anything else but was enticed by field-coil speakers costing several times more.

Asking $3750

There are lots of positive comments on AudioCircle and other forums. At 92 db they work well with almost any amps and with the directional waveguide they work well in nearly any room. They can be placed close to side and front walls if necessary.

Type: Reflex-loaded two-way

Driver complement: Alnico magnet Pioneer TAD woofer with treated paper cone; neodymium magnet Beyma compression driver with polyester diaphragm

Frequency response: Any loudspeaker's low frequency extension is highly dependent on room acoustics, but with worst-case scenario acoustics the Jazz Modules can be tuned to give extension to about 40 Hz. Under favorable conditions, bass extends into the upper 20's. High frequency extension goes out to 17.5 kHz.

Impedance: Nominally 8 ohms; impedance never drops below 8 ohms, nor rises above 12 ohms except in the bass region where there twin impedance peaks associated with the reflex tuning.

Efficiency: 92 dB/1 watt input (into nominal 8 ohms impedance).

« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2023, 01:24 pm by hchilcoat »

hchilcoat

Forgot small detail: Asking $3750 + shipping. If you live near a major airport and can pick up at terminal, shipping is included.

Slam

Re: Audiokinesis Jazz Modules (Original version with TAD driver)
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2023, 11:17 pm »
Are you near RVA?

hchilcoat

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2023, 11:33 pm »
Yes. I live in Richmond.

hchilcoat

« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2023, 03:47 pm »
Price reduced to $3250. Local buyer preferred but could deliver within a couple of hours away. If you can pick up at shipping terminal near a major airport, I will cover shipping (most of the cost is for home delivery). Will ship in crates on a pallet.

Check out some AudioCircle member comments (I know they are from a while back but they still hold true) https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=52153.0

borism

« Reply #5 on: 25 Feb 2023, 09:48 pm »
Great speakers! Still have my JMs - going on 13 years. Someone will be very fortunate to get them.

Good luck with the sale.

hchilcoat

« Reply #6 on: 26 Feb 2023, 04:03 am »
Thanks Borism! They are great speakers and I got a lot of enjoyment from them. Hope they find a good home!

borism

« Reply #7 on: 26 Feb 2023, 04:17 pm »
Hchilcoat I sent someone your way and hope he contacts you.

hchilcoat

« Reply #8 on: 26 Feb 2023, 06:56 pm »
Thank you!

thehighend

« Reply #9 on: 28 Feb 2023, 12:54 am »
If you can pick up at shipping terminal near a major airport, I will cover shipping (most of the cost is for home delivery). Will ship in crates on a pallet.
What service (not FedEx/UPS I presume) would that be with?  cheers

hchilcoat

« Reply #10 on: 17 Mar 2023, 01:23 pm »
SOLD!