Pat Benatar Greatest Hits

Mag

Pat Benatar Greatest Hits
« on: 12 Dec 2022, 01:45 pm »
When I listen to today's Crap Pop Music at work. I think of Singers like Pat Benatar who could really sing, with her 4.5 octave range. Not only that the Band backing her up is a damn good Rock Band.

Of course there are other great singers from the past that put today's crap music to shame.

Pat Benatar deserves to be in the Rock Hall of Fame she's fully deserving of the honour.

MHL

Re: Pat Benatar Greatest Hits
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2022, 02:11 pm »
Agree!

mix4fix

• Facilitator
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2022, 05:41 pm »
When I listen to today's Crap Pop Music at work.

Why are you doing that? I learned long ago that today's music sucks and the classics never die.

I am ahead of the curve.

Samac

« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2022, 05:51 pm »
When I listen to today's Crap Pop Music at work. I think of Singers like Pat Benatar who could really sing, with her 4.5 octave range. Not only that the Band backing her up is a damn good Rock Band.

Of course there are other great singers from the past that put today's crap music to shame.

Pat Benatar deserves to be in the Rock Hall of Fame she's fully deserving of the honour.

Yep, agree. Pop and Rock music have sucked for thirty years (with a very few rare exceptions). At least we have plenty of good stuff from the 50s to about 1992 to listen to and Pat Benatar is one of the best. :thumb:

Currently listening to another one of the best:

Cheers,

Scott

2bigears

« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2022, 05:57 pm »
 :D Love is a Battlefield is such a cool song,, crank that one.  :D

FireGuy

« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2022, 06:33 pm »
...and Pat Benatar is one of the best. :thumb:

Agreed.  Saw her live on the Jersey shore early 80's.  Her vocal on stage was true and glorious.

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 12 Dec 2022, 07:14 pm »
Just bought 2 Pat Benatar albums (In the Heat of the Night and Crimes of Passion) on HDTracks in 24/192 (had the greatest hits on CD).  Really sound nice.  They have a few more of her albums.  Might have to spring for them.

Jeff_From_Michigan

« Reply #7 on: 13 Dec 2022, 12:10 pm »
+1!  One great singer. My brother saw her recently, still with Neil Giraldo and still rocking hard.

My best memories of her are the 99¢ WABX show at Motor City Roller Rink (with free skating after the show) in '79 and her and  John Cougar co-heading a show, can't remember if it was Cobo or Joe Louis Arena.  (Maybe one of the Detroiters here can help jog my memory.) They each did their rendition of John's "I Need a Lover", the song that some say rescued Cougar's career after Benatar made it a huge hit on her debut album. 

Digi-G

« Reply #8 on: 13 Dec 2022, 02:55 pm »
Tropico is one of my favorite albums by her.  It's a little bit later (1984-ish) and had the hit We Belong, among others.  I love that album.

I saw her at a "rib fest" back in the 1990s.  A fairly small affair and I was able to get right to the stage.  She and Neil were great.  It was a very short set though, about 30 minutes.

JCarney

« Reply #9 on: 13 Dec 2022, 03:35 pm »

Could not agree more. I've seen her 3 times, only once as a head liner, and she always left it all out there. She equaled or outperformed everyone else who took the stage the three times I saw her. "Hell is for Children" is a song that can haunt you, and she puts so much emotion into it. I'm not sure I've heard her do a song I did not like.

JCarney