SPECIAL GROUP BUY DODD AUDIO 120 MONO'S

Beezer

taking the plunge
« Reply #40 on: 18 Apr 2005, 11:26 pm »
Well, I'm signing up for the monoblock deal.  It's a leap of faith, but I'm pretty confident they'll stomp the departing VAC PA100/100.   Fortunately, I'll be able to cover most of the cost by selling the VAC.  

Thanks for the deal Gary...

Beez

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: taking the plunge
« Reply #41 on: 19 Apr 2005, 12:46 am »
Quote from: Beezer
Well, I'm signing up for the monoblock deal.  It's a leap of faith, but I'm pretty confident they'll stomp the departing VAC PA100/100.   Fortunately, I'll be able to cover most of the cost by selling the VAC.  

Thanks for the deal Gary...

Beez

Based on the comments in this thread and my own personal expereince with a PA 100/100, I don't think you are taking a risk...

George

arthurs

Bummed
« Reply #42 on: 19 Apr 2005, 01:32 am »
I really wanted to do this, but only have rack space for amps and don't think 9" of space is enough for the heat of these, nor does Gary.  Unfortunately I won't be able to do any reconfig of space at this time either.

Beezer

« Reply #43 on: 19 Apr 2005, 07:27 pm »
Based on the comments in this thread and my own personal expereince with a PA 100/100, I don't think you are taking a risk...

Thanks, Zybar - I'm really looking forward to having them.

Beez

ctviggen

« Reply #44 on: 19 Apr 2005, 08:46 pm »
Shoot, you could buy this now and sell for more later.  I'd buy a pair for that reason, especially because if I liked them better than my Jeff Rowland, I could sell the JR for more than the cost of these.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #45 on: 19 Apr 2005, 08:49 pm »
Quote from: ctviggen
Shoot, you could buy this now and sell for more later.  I'd buy a pair for that reason, especially because if I liked them better than my Jeff Rowland, I could sell the JR for more than the cost of these.

Be careful on that thinking...

You have no idea how the amps will sell and what their value will be on Audiogon.

George

ctviggen

« Reply #46 on: 19 Apr 2005, 09:04 pm »
There's one for sale now for $3,200.  Actually, what I'd rather do is use the Dodd on the top end and the JR on the bottom, but they'd have to be matched to do that.   Actually, I really like the JR, so it'd take a good amp to convince me to change.

audiojerry

« Reply #47 on: 21 Apr 2005, 12:42 pm »
Gary, that is a terrific sounding offer, but would you be willing to sweeten it by offering some kind of return policy if the audition just doesn't work out for whatever reason.

ehider

« Reply #48 on: 22 Apr 2005, 10:50 pm »
I'd like to offer my own "return policy" for any of the Dodd 120 watt monoblock amplifiers being sold in this deal (and I'm dead serious on this one folks). Anyone who does not want to keep their Dodd monoblocks can sell them directly to me for $1,500 immediately. I'll pay with a cashier's check overnight no less :!: .

You may reach me directly at 248-798-9555 anytime.

Regards,

Eric Hider

alotaklipsch

« Reply #49 on: 23 Apr 2005, 02:46 am »
Quote from: ehider
I'd like to offer my own "return policy" for any of the Dodd 120 watt monoblock amplifiers being sold in this deal (and I'm dead serious on this one folks). Anyone who does not want to keep their Dodd monoblocks can sell them directly to me for $1,500 immediately. I'll pay with a cashier's check overnight no less :!: .

You may reach me directly at 248-798-9555 anytime.

Regards,

Eric Hider

I am in on that thar deal too....email me first, I will give 1550 immediately :lol:

gld

• Industry Participant
    • http://doddaudio@live.net
« Reply #50 on: 23 Apr 2005, 03:12 am »
NO returns on a deal like this! :!:
Gary

eric the red

« Reply #51 on: 1 May 2005, 06:45 am »
Gary-I just PM'd you and don't know if it went through as my sent box is not showing the message. If you didn't get my email address, please PM me regarding the amp deal (I still have 15 minutes to get in on it :D ) Thanks

jermmd

« Reply #52 on: 29 May 2005, 02:39 pm »
So, has anyone got there 120's yet? What do you think?

scottpretti

« Reply #53 on: 29 May 2005, 07:02 pm »
I just emailed Gary, he expects to have the first units shipping by mid June.  Don't know how far down the list I am, I ordered the last day of the special.

gld

• Industry Participant
« Reply #54 on: 30 May 2005, 02:34 am »
Hello everyone. I thought I would take the time to thank everyone who purchased product from the sale. Thank you. I sold way way more than I ever expected!! I have almost all the componet type parts in house, and some of the transformers have come in, but I still haven't gotten any of the chassis stuff. I thought I would get it last week, but nope! Thats the biggest holdup. After the sale when I totalled everything up I knew I was in for a wait longer than normal. Anyway as soon as I get chassis in they go to be painted and screened, I'd guess a week, probably 2. When thats finished I start to assemble and test and ship units on the list as they were ordered. Hopefully it will be slow at my regular job for the next few weeks, so I have more time to build amps and preamps. I'm sorry it's taking so long, have patience you will get you order.  Thanks again everyone!
Gary :D

gld

• Industry Participant
« Reply #55 on: 11 Jun 2005, 02:14 pm »
Hello everyone. I have some good news to relay on for those who purchased DODD gear during the sale. Again thanks for all orders. This week I finally got the majority of the metal and parts to begin assembling all this stuff. It will still take a little time, (anyone need a job assembling :lol: ). I am a little slow right now due to the fact that I have a very nasty sinus infection that I am trying to get over. But I will ship the first set of amps this  Tuesday,  to the first guy on the list. I will continue to plug away at assembling and burning in and shipping every week until finished. I really appreciate your patients. Thanks and its just a little longer :D
Gary

scottpretti

« Reply #56 on: 11 Jun 2005, 04:49 pm »
Thanks for the update Gary!

gld

• Industry Participant
« Reply #57 on: 21 Jun 2005, 01:18 pm »
Hi everyone. Finally, I now have everything in and I have started to builld the amps and preamps. I have already shipped all of the ELP preamps.I will start shipping midline preamps and amps in approximately 2 weeks. It will take some time to ship because I can only burn in 1 set at a time. And I will not ship them until they are burned in! I am also working as hard and fast as I can. So I appreciate your patients. Thanks again and I will let you know when I ship your products as they are ready. :D
Gary

Beezer

Dodds in house
« Reply #58 on: 29 Jun 2005, 09:49 pm »
Hi folks,

I posted the following review in the Nuforce thread, but figured you all would be interested:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=17913.msg176367#176367

THe short of it is that while the Nuforce amps are a great deal for the money, the Dodd amps are great, period!

Also, if Gary hasn't already sent you yours, you might to considering upgrading the AC cables for them...

Beez

NealH

« Reply #59 on: 29 Jun 2005, 10:48 pm »
Gary Dodd, are you building any extras?