9x12.3x16'

mkane

9x12.3x16'
« on: 14 Jun 2022, 07:59 pm »
 Is this size room doable using super minis or wedgies? Ceiling is 9 feet.
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2022, 09:37 pm by mkane »

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: 9x12.3x16'
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2022, 10:31 pm »
Is this size room doable using super minis or wedgies? Ceiling is 9 feet.

Easily. I have NX-Otica MTM monitor/dual OB H-frame (essentially the Super Mini/dual H-frame or Super 7 with different midrange drivers) in a 12' x 14' x 8' room. So either the Wedgies or Super Minis will work fine as long as they are paired with subwoofers with the GR OB subs being the best combination. When I firs built the Wedgies, I couldn't afford the OB subs so I just uses a small single sub I had on hand. It worked but the Wedgies came into their own once I added the OB subs.

mkane

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2022, 01:06 am »
Outstanding. We have dual H frames. Moving is going to be a chore as well as getting used to a new environment after 30+ years. On the plus side, we get a dedicated listening room.

wingsounds13

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2022, 04:00 am »
I am envious of your system.  I heard a pair of Wedgies at Lone Star Audio Fest back in ?2016? thanks to Mike Lundy and they left an impression.  Mike brought Otica MTMs the next several years and while they are incredible there is something about the Wedgies that I much prefer.  I may build a set one of these years if they ever update the design for the LGK 2.0 drivers.

J.P.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2022, 05:19 am »
I am envious of your system.  I heard a pair of Wedgies at Lone Star Audio Fest back in ?2016? thanks to Mike Lundy and they left an impression.  Mike brought Otica MTMs the next several years and while they are incredible there is something about the Wedgies that I much prefer.  I may build a set one of these years if they ever update the design for the LGK 2.0 drivers.

J.P.

The Wedgies are definitely special, particularly in a smaller room like the one in this thread. They image a little better than the ‘Otica monitors and have been described as scary clean. They are also more forgiving when it comes to room treatment.

mkane

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2022, 04:04 pm »
We like em' alot. We also like the super Minis. They get swapped back and forth monthly. The room in the pic isn't the greatest for audio but I don't know the difference. We've lived here for over 30 years.

Almost excited to have a dedicated room and also excited to be closed to the grandkids. Taking care of a big piece of property is getting to be a chore. Maybe it is time to pass it on.