bicycles

PhilNYC

Re: bicycles
« Reply #200 on: 16 Nov 2006, 03:48 pm »
Try to get one more person to go.  Then we will map the route.

Here's a map and a nearby route.  To get to my place, take a detour at Alpine and go in about a mile... 8)

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Manhattan-Bridge-to-Nyack-Basic-NYC-training-ride-on-9w

SET Man

« Reply #201 on: 16 Nov 2006, 05:59 pm »
Yeah.  I love that picture!  I ordered a copy costed $40bucks.

Hey!

You know you are not the only one. :D I ordered a set of two 4x6s. I think it was the cheapest option :lol:

Yup, it is hard to resist. And we didn't even resgister for it! Imagine if we did there will be a lot I think :D They sure know how to make money :roll:

Anyway, it was a fun ride. Here is the link to revisit that nice ride http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=26813.msg248492#msg248492

Well, maybe I'll do it again next year :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

SET Man

« Reply #202 on: 16 Nov 2006, 10:22 pm »
Try to get one more person to go.  Then we will map the route.

Here's a map and a nearby route.  To get to my place, take a detour at Alpine and go in about a mile... 8)

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Manhattan-Bridge-to-Nyack-Basic-NYC-training-ride-on-9w

Hey!

Thanks for the map Phil. :D Maybe it would be better for Spring and Summer :wink:

Oh! BTW.... will there be prizes for me and Levi if we ride our bike up to your place :lol: How about a nice Cayin integ-tube amp :wink:

Take care,

PhilNYC

« Reply #203 on: 16 Nov 2006, 10:23 pm »

Hey!

Thanks for the map Phil. :D Maybe it would be better for Spring and Summer :wink:

Oh! BTW.... will there be prizes for me and Levi if we ride our bike up to your place :lol: How about a nice Cayin integ-tube amp :wink:

Take care,

How about if I just gave you a Cayin tube?  8)

topround

« Reply #204 on: 16 Nov 2006, 10:32 pm »
300 b .. please :thumb:

Levi

« Reply #205 on: 17 Nov 2006, 02:44 pm »
Hey Buddy,

I am suprised you did not order and downloaded the original image file from Brightroom.  Once you have the original image file, then anything is possible. 

So then having that notion, It is not too late it is just $40 away.  Just my .02.

If we are going to ride, It is best to bring the bikes to NJ and start from Phil's house.

-Levi

Hey!

You know you are not the only one. :D I ordered a set of two 4x6s. I think it was the cheapest option :lol:

Yup, it is hard to resist. And we didn't even resgister for it! Imagine if we did there will be a lot I think :D They sure know how to make money :roll:

Anyway, it was a fun ride. Here is the link to revisit that nice ride http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=26813.msg248492#msg248492

Take care,
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2006, 12:43 am by Levi »

BikeWNC

« Reply #206 on: 19 Nov 2006, 02:41 am »
Here's a thread from my ride today on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=246246

Andy

BikeWNC

« Reply #207 on: 19 Nov 2006, 03:09 am »
Wow. Great scenic and vigorous ride! Wish I was there. You must be a strong rider. What is your average speed on the 6-7% grade? What was the total distance you rode?

It's not that I'm that strong of a rider, it's just that when it comes to climbing mountains I have no choice.  All the rides around here are climbing rides.  I took it easy today and averaged a little over 7mph on the 6-7% sections.  Tempo for me is just over 8mph on that stretch.  I don't race, but I do train to get better.  I'm really lucky to have these roads to ride.  It's never boring that's for sure. 

Andy

BikeWNC

« Reply #208 on: 19 Nov 2006, 03:14 am »
The total ride was only 26 miles but had 3300' of climbing.  I took me 2 hours riding as I did whereas in the summer I might do it in 1:40.

Andy

NealH

« Reply #209 on: 19 Nov 2006, 03:27 am »
Nice ride and great pictures.  Makes me want to take a trek up that way before too much of winter sets in.  I see you have your Calfee for sale.  What are you replacing it with?

BikeWNC

« Reply #210 on: 19 Nov 2006, 03:30 am »
Nice ride and great pictures.  Makes me want to take a trek up that way before too much of winter sets in.  I see you have your Calfee for sale.  What are you replacing it with?

I replaced the 62cm frame with the same model 60cm frame.  I did that back in the Spring and I guess it's time to sell the old one.  The 60cm just feels better to me.

Andy

Levi

« Reply #211 on: 19 Nov 2006, 03:33 am »
Nice scenic ride Dude. 

I am sure going back takes only a few minutes.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #212 on: 19 Nov 2006, 03:37 am »
Thanks for the photo link Andy....peace and quiet in the country....nice !!! :thumb:

Chris

SET Man

« Reply #213 on: 19 Nov 2006, 03:56 am »
Hey Buddy,

I am suprised you did not order and downloaded the original image file from Brightroom.  Once you have the original image file, then anything is possible. 

So then having that notion, It is not too late it is just $40 away.  Just my .02.

If we are going to ride, It is best to bring the bikes to NJ and start from Phil's house.

-Levi

Hey!

Take care,

Hey!

I think 4X6 is okay for me. Well, there were just 1 photo of me anyway. :lol:

As for riding to Phil... well if we have to get our bike up there than we would need a car right? So, in that case we just going to ride around there than right? Still, going for a ride there would be nice... Phil could show us around. :D

Anyway, it is getting cold so I guess we have to leave this til Spring and Summer. :D

Here's a thread from my ride today on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=246246

Andy

Andy, that look like a very good joy ride. Very nice photos too. :D

Maybe I will take some picture when I go riding in the NYC and post some here... but it is likely that I will get only photos of the infamous NYC yellow cabs cutting in front of me and giving me a finger :lol:

Take care,

Folsom

« Reply #214 on: 21 Nov 2006, 06:49 am »
My new nice fixed gear... Not really my around town machine in anyway, very inpracticle for around town.

rumatt

« Reply #215 on: 21 Nov 2006, 07:03 am »
You fixed gear guys are hardcore.   :o   :icon_lol:

Folsom

« Reply #216 on: 21 Nov 2006, 07:07 am »
Wait until you see my around town one I just got finished :lol:

Folsom

« Reply #217 on: 26 Nov 2006, 07:02 am »
Well here Big John is... Big John is going to get some new red paint and clear coat (not all of it will be red, some will be white for sticker placement but clear coated)

maxwalrath

« Reply #218 on: 20 Jan 2007, 09:01 pm »
I think I'll be getting a bike from the local bike shop... http://www.bicycletherapy.com/ .  Looking at the lower end of the hybrid models (the Philly streets need those fat tires), does anyone have any opinions about the Marin's (Kentfield, LarkSpur, Muirwoods) or Bianchi Boardwalk? 

I took the Boardwalk out for a spin.  It had been about 10 years since I went riding, and I was suprised how rough it was on the wrists/hands.  There weren't any Marin's available in stock for my size.  Actually, I looked at their website, I'm not even sure they have anything in my size.  I'm 6'3"/235lbs, and I should get my legs pretty extended due to knee issues.  The Boardwalk I took out was a 23".

I don't know if there are decent steel bikes available in that range (I read steel is easier on the joints), or if I should just suck it up and wait for my arms to get used to it.   

Any input is definitely appreciated. 

Canyoneagle

« Reply #219 on: 20 Jan 2007, 09:37 pm »
Maxwalrath,
If you're looking for a bike for pleasure (i.e. not training/racing)  I can highly recommend the Bianchi Milano - it is available in Black if you don't like the celeste green.  I got rid of my Klein mountainbike and bought a Milano, and couldn't be happier.
I'm an ex-racer, and I've found the Milano to be extremely well made, nicely responsive, and virtually maintenance free.  The Nexus 8-speed internal hub gives a wide gearing range without the complexity of derailleurs.

Less than 700 bucks, too!

In my racing days (late 70's through 2000) I became a huge fan of Italian bikes and have owned my fair share of'em.  Here's a pic of my last road bike which was stolen during an international shipment  :cry: