Are you becoming a NYC bike messenger?   :wink:

Levi

bicycles
« Reply #141 on: 8 Oct 2005, 02:47 pm »
Quote from: PhilNYC
Quote from: Levi
I completely removed frame stickers.

I cannot imagine parking my bike on the streets of New York for a minute without it being stolen.   :lol:

Those Crossmax SL wheelset sure are pretty sweet riding wheels.  It's worth every penny if you ask me. 8)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
bicycles
« Reply #142 on: 8 Oct 2005, 03:01 pm »
Quote from: PhilNYC

Gee...I thought Levi would be adding this logo to the handlebar's.... :wink:  :P
    [/list:u]

SET Man

bicycles
« Reply #143 on: 7 Nov 2005, 01:26 am »
Hi all,
    Guys, it had been a crazy week for me. I needed time to relaxe so I took my new bike out for ride yesterday. I went up to 171 Street and Fortwashington Ave. to get my hair cut at my friend's place than ride down from there.

I got on Riverdrive than I got in to the bike path on the Westside Highway. So fro so good a few potholes. Than I came in to a somewhat sharp turn around 72nd street. It was still under contruction so there is a conceret barier and fences along both side of the turn. Anyway, coming into turn I loss control of the bike, I think I might have hit something while turning. My foot sliped and loss control of the bike. I didn't to break because and tried to avoid the jocker on the right. So, I trun to the left into the concrete barier. I scrap along the barier for a few feet I think. Than came to a stop.  :| People around me was very nice they all ask if I were okay.

This picture so the result. :cry:

Luckily I did  not crash. Well that would be worst right? Some scratches on my left arm. But my left pinky got it bad, I think I left some skin on the barier... :lol:

Oh! by the way let me introduce you guy to my new bike.

Here is a link about the bike.
http://www.kleinbikes.com/us/road_bikes/archives/2004/2004_aura/2004_aura_v/

I bought this bike in late Aug. for myself as a present for my B'day. A Klein '04 Aura V. By the way she is fine... just a some scratch on the left break handle. But isn't she beautiful? :inlove: I think the road bike is more dangerous than the mountain bike. But man! The speed! I will have to be more careful with it.

Anyway, Hey! Levi or anyone else up for ride around the city on weekend while is still not too cold? :D

Take care and ride safe,
Buddy :thumb:

Levi

bicycles
« Reply #144 on: 25 Feb 2006, 06:17 am »
I can't wait to ride my bike again.  I managed to score some stickers from Litespeed.

SET Man

bicycles
« Reply #145 on: 25 Feb 2006, 05:19 pm »
I can't wait to ride my bike again.  I managed to score some stickers from Litespeed.

Levi,

Hey! Nice decal sticker man! :D Looks better than the old one.

Yup, can't wait to take my bike out for a spin around the park/city too! :lol: It had been sitting in there in the corner for a while now. Hmmm... I think I better do some dusting before it get too thick :?

Well, Spring is just right around the corner!  :hyper:

Take care,

Levi

bicycles
« Reply #146 on: 27 Feb 2006, 03:05 am »
Thanks Buddy.  Midway through the cold season.  I am tired of riding indoors :o

PhilNYC

bicycles
« Reply #147 on: 27 Feb 2006, 12:08 pm »
Thanks Buddy.  Midway through the cold season.  I am tired of riding indoors :o

Levi, I'm surprised you don't have these and ride thru the winter outdoors:

dwc

bicycles
« Reply #148 on: 6 Mar 2006, 03:52 am »
I thought the tactic was to screw a bunch of woodscrews through the tire knobs from the inside to make studded tires...

Levi

bicycles
« Reply #149 on: 6 Mar 2006, 04:47 am »
It is too cold to be riding outside.

SET Man

bicycles
« Reply #150 on: 8 Apr 2006, 06:46 pm »
Hi all,

Well, it is Saturday my day off and is raining all day here in NYC.  Just put on a new set of tubes and tires on my road bike. :(

Oh! well, I guess I just have to wait for a nicer day. :D

Above  Charles Terront. Winner of 1891 Paris-Brest-Paris race using the first demountable tyre from Michelin. Can you guess what tire I have on my road bike now? :wink:

Here is a link to the small site about Michelin, where I got the picture above from.

http://www.nwcitroen.org/mag/articles/CC155/michelin_museum.htm

Oh! Here are links to more photos of the old days of Paris-Brest-Paris race.

http://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/pbp/darbook_photos.html

other
 http://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/pbp/historical_photos.html

Man! wonder what is like to ride one of those old race bike? :D

Take care and ride safely,

Levi

bicycles
« Reply #151 on: 8 Apr 2006, 06:53 pm »
Quote from: SET Man
Hi all,

Above  Charles Terront. Winner of 1891 Paris-Brest-Paris race using the first demountable tyre from Michelin. Can you guess what tire I have on my road bike now? :wink:

My guess based on the information above, you have the same tires as Charles Terront.  :o

SET Man

bicycles
« Reply #152 on: 8 Apr 2006, 06:58 pm »

My guess based on the information above, you have the same tires as Charles Terront.  :o

Hey!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Well,  a newer version of them.... 2005 model not 1891 model.  :lol:  :lol:

PhilNYC

bicycles
« Reply #153 on: 15 Apr 2006, 06:56 pm »
Just bought one of these for my wife:

...and one of these for my kids...

...and took my road bike to the shop to get tuned up...looking forward to some riding!

Levi

bicycles
« Reply #154 on: 15 Apr 2006, 11:21 pm »
Congrat's Phil.  

Awesome weather for biking!

dwc

bicycles
« Reply #155 on: 16 Apr 2006, 12:39 am »
Sweet....

I just got my wife one of these....

SET Man

bicycles
« Reply #156 on: 16 Apr 2006, 01:48 am »
Hi,

Phil, congratulation! :D Just in time for a nice Summer ride.

Anyway, I was in Central Park today and there were tons of people, cyclists, roller, and runners.  :o Much so that I had to stick to slower speed doing a joy ride... but it was a nice joy ride.  Stop a twice to listen to live music... there was a nice Jazz band at West 72nd St. entrance... it was cool 8)

Anyway, have fun riding with your family Phil. :D

Folsom

bicycles
« Reply #157 on: 5 May 2006, 04:59 am »

This is my bike I bought from a forum member, and got free pedals from a forum member! Unfortunately she has to go in for some axle replacement tomorrow... I bent one and put in a quick fix that is not working out.

Levi

bicycles
« Reply #158 on: 5 May 2006, 05:04 am »
Nice frame lugs.

Folsom

bicycles
« Reply #159 on: 5 May 2006, 05:15 am »
They looks better in person, the paint is good.