bicycles

Bemopti123

bicycles
« Reply #120 on: 19 Aug 2005, 01:10 am »
Yoh, that is one light ride,  how SETMAN stated.  One of the lightest road bikes I have ever seen was a FELT, back in 1997?  It weighted just about 16 lbs, but a MTB that weights about 18?  That is something else.  

As far as the skinsuit Buddy, it might not be a bad idea... :mrgreen:

About the Audio Circle ride group....maybe someone from there could have a chance of becoming the next Lance Armstrong, because he did announce his retirement. :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Anyway, nice bike and I bet it is fast, but not nearly as fast as a decently gear roadbike.

Paul

Levi

bicycles
« Reply #121 on: 19 Aug 2005, 03:30 am »
Quote from: BikeWNC
Very nice bike!  But it looks like it has never seen a trail (too clean and look at those tires).  Put some knobbies on it.  Let it have a little self respect.   :lol:   It's a mountainbike.

Point well taken. :lol:   I have a pair of Maxxis MaxLite off-road tires but never bothered to install them when riding in the City.  I will eventually put them on and hit the trails before the summer is over.  

The bike climbs like a goat.  Not as fast as Road bike.  

I have seen MTB bikes that are 15Lbs.  Heinz Wittman claimed this Scott Scale LTD at 12.7Lbs.  :o

Setman, have you been to Bethpage Trail in  L.I. ?    8)

ctviggen

bicycles
« Reply #122 on: 19 Aug 2005, 12:29 pm »
A road bike will always be faster (for the same rider -- I've been passed by people riding mountian bikes while I've been riding my racing bike!) than a mountain bike.  Plus, for me, I can ride my mountain bike on the road for max of about 40 miles before I long for the hand positions of my racing bike, the lack of bob when I stand up, and the wider pedals of my racing bike.  This spring, when I switched from riding my mountain bike with studded tires (for the ice/snow) to riding my racing bike, I took 20 minutes off the same distance (and I've taken another 10 minutes since then due to getting in better shape) merely by changing bikes.  Although temperatures help, too:  I tend to go slower when it's freezing than I do when it's 60.

SET Man

bicycles
« Reply #123 on: 21 Aug 2005, 02:12 am »
Quote from: Levi

Setman, have you been to Bethpage Trail in  L.I. ?    8)

Hey!

No, Levi. I've never been there... sound like fun to be out of the city and in the wood on a bike. :D

Talking about the weight of bicycle... Do you know that a race bikes like those us in Tour de France have limit of how light they can be of which is set at 6.8kg or 14.96lb. Ironic isn't it?  :?Since with new technologies today they could make bike that is lighter than that limit. So, with that in mind race bike makers focused on the handling and more importantly the aerodynamic of the bike, the Trek TTX (?) that team Discovery used this year is a good example. Hey! even the Discovery team skinsuit made by Nike is designed to be the most aerodynamic skinsuit ever thanks to thier special fabric.... which I could buy one, but it very expensive :wink:

Anyway, just something I came across :D

Take care and ride safe,
Buddy :thumb:

Levi

bicycles
« Reply #124 on: 21 Aug 2005, 05:28 am »
Another bike by Heinz.  9.65Lbs.  Amazing! 8)

Model: Scott RC1 Weight  

Bar Tape:  Malik Protac Grip 12Grams  
Bottom Bracket:  incl 0  
Brake Levers:  Campa Record B-T-P tuned 304Grams  
Rear Brakes:  AX Lightnes 80Grams  
Front Brakes:  AX Lightnes 92Grams  
Cables: Nokon 118Grams    
Cassette: Recon Alu 11-25 114 Grams    
Chain:  Wippermann Titan 232  Grams  
Crankset:  Fly-Sports Propeller Titan 330 Grams    
--Outer Ring:  B-T-P Carbon 30Grams    
--Middle Ring:  B-T-P Carbon 22Grams    
Derlr (Front) Campa Record B-T-P tuned 56 Grams    
Derlr (Rear) B-T-P Carbon 118 Grams    
Fork: THM Scapula 226 Grams    
Frame:  Scott Carbon RC1 870 Grams    
Handlebar:  Schmolke Carbon TLO 141  Grams  
Headset:  Scott 68 Grams    
Headset Cap/Bolt: Schmolke Carbon 4 Grams    
Headset Spacer: Carbon 4 Grams    
Pedals:  M2 Racer 70 Grams    
Quick Releases: Tune Skyline 18  Grams  
Seat Binder:  B-T-P Carbon 8  Grams  
Seat:  AX-Lightness Kombi 31,6 138  Grams  
Seatpost:   0  
Stem:  ITM the Stemm 100 Grams    
Tire (Front) Tufo Elite 135 135 Grams    
Tire (Rear): Tufo Elite 135 130 Grams    
Tubes:  0  
Wheelset (Front): Nano Extreme w Soul Kotzak 400 Grams    
Wheelset (Rear): Nano Extreme w Soul Kotzak 548  Grams  
Wheelset:  0  

TOTALS:

grams:
 pounds:

WerTicus

bicycles
« Reply #125 on: 21 Aug 2005, 06:13 am »
This is my ride, the Giant OCR3, there is the 2 and the 1 and the OCR ZERO above it on the scale of things, this is a rather nice bike for 1k(at the time) this is the 2002 model, very sexy me thinks ;-)

its 10kg, which more than double the bike above, but i think its better looking ;-)

here is the top of the line: (for 2005)

cant actually find how much it weighs, but they sponcer team ONCE on the tour and this is the bike they ride so it cant be too bad :)

BikeWNC

bicycles
« Reply #126 on: 21 Aug 2005, 01:46 pm »
Actually, Giant is used by T-Mobile (Jan Ullrich).  Once doesn't exist anymore.  The model they ride is the top of the line TCR which has a more aggressive geometry.

bikeman

bicycles
« Reply #127 on: 21 Aug 2005, 02:24 pm »
Quote from: BikeWNC
Actually, Giant is used by T-Mobile (Jan Ullrich).  Once doesn't exist anymore.  

The team still exists.  Once is no longer the title sponsor.

David

Levi

Single Track
« Reply #128 on: 30 Aug 2005, 02:11 am »
Well me and Setman had a great time at Bethpage Park.  One can get easily get lost here.  

Hey look, I found this unattended Litespeed in the woods. :o Fresh air at last!

Setman's Klein Pulse Pro

Bethpage Park is 45min from Woodside, Queens.  Parking is $6.00 but you can park along side the road if you so desire for free.  
We have chosen to park inside the park and pay the toll.  This should help maintain the park.  A very little price of admission. :lol:

This moderate incline looks pretty easy from the top.  NOT!  It all about torque and balance   :D  

Levi

ctviggen

bicycles
« Reply #129 on: 30 Aug 2005, 11:59 am »
These light bikes are cool looking, but I have to say that I bought a LeMond with very light Bontrager Race Light wheels, and those wheels are way, way too light.  I had to move my rear brakes apart so that the rear wheel wouldn't hit the brake pads when I climbed out of the saddle (climbing in the saddle meant the wheel didn't hit the brake pads, but I like climbing out of the saddle).  I've since purchased a stronger, heavier set of wheels and am much happier -- I can adjust the brakes much closer to the rim and the rims don't hit the brake pads.  Personally, I'll take longevity over lightness any day.

On another topic, is anyone riding any long rides this year?  So far, I've ridden 100km, 75 mile supported rides and will be riding a century (100 mile) and 125 mile supported rides soon.  (I'll ride many 60+ mile unsupported rides.)  For instance, anyone doing The Hotter than Hell 100?

BikeWNC

bicycles
« Reply #130 on: 30 Aug 2005, 08:51 pm »
I grew up right next to Bethpage State Park, pre mtb days we used to ride our 10 speeds through there.  In high school, we would sneek onto the golf courses and play from 12 to 20 holes a day as time allowed.  I know the Black course like the back of my hand.  Brings back some good memories.

Andy

SET Man

Re: Single Track
« Reply #131 on: 31 Aug 2005, 12:48 am »
Quote from: Levi
Well me and Setman had a great time at Bethpage Park.  One can get easily get lost here.  

Hey look, I found this unattended Litespeed in the woods. :o Fresh air at last!

Setman's Klein Pulse Pro

Bethpage Park is 45min from Woodside, Queens.  Parking is $6.00 but you can park along side the road if you so desire for fre ...

Hey!

Levi, Man! that was great ride on Sat. :D Thanks for the car ride to the park... good thing that the car bike rack held up :lol: Bethpage park was great. I think we should spend more time getting lost in the wood next time. :lol:

Oh! here is the picture of me in action.

You know we should do an "Audio Circle Tour de NYC"... and ride around the city. Wait a minute.... let's see since Phil started this threat. It would be nice if we could get together and ride from NYC up to Phil's and hang out there and listen to BC and Focus audio. That's would be fun, unless we get loss :lol:

Hey! Levi, how about a ride in Central Park/City this coming Sat? I will get my Klein bike... the other Klein ready :wink:

Take care and ride safe,

Levi

bicycles
« Reply #132 on: 31 Aug 2005, 01:47 am »
I need to get a real road bike! :D   Putting 1" tires on a Mountain bike is I think the closest I got to becoming a roadie. :lol:
My preference leaning towards lightweight bikes preferrably Titanium frames for their "magic carpet" ride and finish that will last a lifetime.

I am getting ready for the very cold winter months so a "Whirlwind 2.0" an external power supply for my Talk Thunder 3.1b CD Player is on the way. :mrgreen:

Another shot taken at Bethpage Park.   Enjoy it while it's hot!

Bemopti123

bicycles
« Reply #133 on: 31 Aug 2005, 02:31 am »
Levi said:

I need to get a real road bike! icon_biggrin.gif Putting 1" tires on a Mountain bike is I think the closest I got to becoming a roadie. sm_lyellow.gif
My preference leaning towards lightweight bikes preferrably Titanium frames for their "magic carpet" ride and finish that will last a lifetime.

My dream bike.....

The complete bike....

Italian handmade frames.  Preferrably steel, but in this case Aluminum, its cool.

My present, beater bike I got when I was in grad school in Kansas...

Affordable and competent, not too light though.  Steel and lugged, Made in Italy frame.  Mine is a 1996 model, hot red metallic.

Levi

bicycles
« Reply #134 on: 31 Aug 2005, 03:46 am »
Very nice road frame Paul.

jkarhan1

Bike
« Reply #135 on: 31 Aug 2005, 03:53 am »
What a great mix of bikes.  Ill add to the pile:
1994 Carbon Fiber Gary Fisher MTB.  AMP B4 BLT front shock.  Mavic 517 ceramic (cant beat em' in the North West).  XT/XTR mix. Grip shift. Cane Creek head set. Muddy carbon fiber brake brace (rear). AC brake brace up front.  Control Tech seat post and handle bar. Tomson stem.
Some of these companies no longer exsist.  Fun bike. Ready to retire it.

PhilNYC

« Reply #136 on: 1 Sep 2005, 06:52 pm »
Quote from: SET Man

Oh! here is the picture of me in action.

You should have photoshopped this picture to put some air beneath your tires... :hyper:

Quote from: SET Man
let's see since Phil started this threat. It would be nice if we could get together and ride from NYC up to Phil's and hang out there and listen to BC and Focus audio. That's would be fun, unless we get loss ...

Hey, there are always tons of cyclists coming thru my town via 9W and Piermont Road up from the city.  Definitely come by anytime!

SET Man

« Reply #137 on: 1 Sep 2005, 11:10 pm »
Quote from: PhilNYC

You should have photoshopped this picture to put some air beneath your tires... :hyper:

Phil,

I know, I didn't want to crash... I don't have insurance yet!  :lol: Well, maybe next time I will go faster so I could get some air time  :wink:

Phil, I would love to ride up to your place from NYC... my other Klein would be perfect for this type of ride :8 Maybe I will ask Levi if he want to go with me.... anyone else wanna join for a ride up to Phil's place in NJ?

Take care and ride safe,

Levi

bicycles
« Reply #138 on: 2 Sep 2005, 03:51 am »
Setman,

I am interested.  Do you have a route in mind.  If you get it right, we will be rewarded with beautiful scenic ride. 8)

Levi

Levi

bicycles
« Reply #139 on: 8 Oct 2005, 04:57 am »
I completely removed frame stickers.