Wire Stripper Recommendations?

jrocks29ms@gmail.com

Re: Wire Stripper Recommendations?
« Reply #20 on: 24 May 2022, 01:13 am »
This is the best stripper i have ever used:
Klein compound wire strippers. It will strip smaller wires than standard strippers, and it automatically pulls the insulation off about an inch down.

This is sooooo helpful for when you have many wires to strip. Like if building some 12-strand speaker cables. You end up having like 100 wires to strip in total.
30 bucks.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #21 on: 24 May 2022, 01:25 am »
Klein compound wire strippers. It will strip smaller wires than standard strippers, and it automatically pulls the insulation off about an inch down.

This is sooooo helpful for when you have many wires to strip. Like if building some 12-strand speaker cables. You end up having like 100 wires to strip in total.
30 bucks.

That's what I use too.

goggle1824

« Reply #22 on: 26 May 2022, 12:45 pm »
Mike, please let us know how you end up liking, or not, that new thermal unit, thanks, appreciate you. 🍻

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2022, 07:30 pm »
Mike, please let us know how you end up liking, or not, that new thermal unit, thanks, appreciate you. 🍻

Will do. It's supposed to arrive sometime today. Will be this weekend before I can play with it. Unfortunately, I don't have any of Danny's speaker wire to try it on.

Wayner

« Reply #24 on: 26 May 2022, 07:37 pm »
Strippers should always be well built.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #25 on: 27 May 2022, 12:15 am »
Strippers should always be well built.

And fun to look at, eh?

Cheytak.408

• Restricted
« Reply #26 on: 27 May 2022, 05:03 am »

30 bucks.
+1 ... I'm with Tyson.  I've tried them all over the years and these Klein have served me for years.  I have 2 pair.  One pair has these optional blades - 16 to 26 AWG : #11074.  Easy to use, especially on multi pair cable!  :thumb: