Scott Nixon DAC kits not available till end of summer :(

JeffB

http://www.scott-nixon.com/dac.htm

I went to the Scott Nixon site today and there was this news item.

"
What's new?  No kits for a while, at least through the summer.  It's been almost 3 years since I started selling the DacKit 'kit' and at the moment there is just too little time for kit support, plus I'm overwhelmed with assembled product to get out.  I'll do them again later in the year.  Both the Chibi and TubeDac+ will be available as you see here on the page for the time being, but there are upscaled versions of both in nicer enclosures in the works by end of May - more $ of course.  There is also a USB/TubeDac in the works as well as a 'digital' amp.  
"

gary

« Reply #1 on: 4 Apr 2005, 10:30 pm »
In Montreal Vinnie mentioned he might have another alternative for a minimalist NOS battery dac... it sounded very intriguing. You might want to send him a PM.

Gary

scottnixon

• http://www.scott-nixon.com
« Reply #2 on: 4 Apr 2005, 11:05 pm »
It's a temporary situation that only affects the kits/parts and not any of the assembled dacs or subassemblies that I have sent to Vinnie.

miklorsmith

Happy Day!
« Reply #3 on: 4 Apr 2005, 11:21 pm »
I had a Vinnie special ordered.  When I saw the original post and link to Nixon's message, I sent Scott a message.

He just e-mailed me back and clarified that it is only the unassembled kits that will not be immediately available.  The Vinnie units are unaffected by this change.

doggie

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2005, 12:01 am »
Quote from: scottnixon
It's a temporary situation that only affects the kits/parts and not any of the assembled dacs or subassemblies that I have sent to Vinnie.

Hi Scott,

I put an order in a month ago for the basic kit and paid via PayPal. Will you still be filling my order?

Thanks,

Paul Mouritsen

doggie

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2005, 12:18 am »
Quote from: doggie
Quote from: scottnixon

Hi Scott,

I put an order in a month ago for the basic kit and paid via PayPal. Will you still be filling my order?

Thanks,

Paul Mouritsen

I am going to answer my own post. I hope this is not an indication of a failing mind...

I just had a nice conversation with Scott. Basically he is just going to consolidate his efforts by using the Summer to focus on the built amps. He said that he would still be filling my order (whew!) and that he would pick back up with the parts kits in the Fall.

Can't wait to try the DAC with my homebrew SI. My guess is that Scott's and Vinnie's efforts go together like red wine and blue cheese... made for each other :-)

Best,

Paul

Jay S

« Reply #6 on: 5 Apr 2005, 01:00 am »
Looking forward to the USB/TubeDac!  Sending digital via USB is said to be jitter-free and not sensitive to cable quality!