What CD player are you using with your 1801?

teiki arii

Re: What CD player are you using with your 1801?
« Reply #40 on: 30 Dec 2006, 06:02 pm »
The OPA2111 is phenomenal - wow!! :dance: :hyper: .  I never would have thought an opamp would create such a positive change.  Everything is much more clean and dynamic - especially in the bass region.  I am hearing considerable resolution in the bass region that didn't previously exist.  It's as if someone installed the bass resolution of the SS8545 in my W18 speaker. Previously my speakers/system sounded a slightly lean in the bass region.  Now I might have to make the ports 1/2" to 1" longer.
Hello Dave,
I hope you had an happy christmas. Let you try National LM4562, Texas Instrument THS4032 and the best of the best I have ever tried: Burson Discret Dual OpAmp... 8)
As my New Zealand friends used to say some years ago: that's the "Choice"!... :thumb:
At which CDP section do you use your OPA?
Best regards,
teki arii... :wink:

David Ellis

• http://www.ellisaudio.com
What CD player are you using with your 1801?
« Reply #41 on: 31 Dec 2006, 06:58 pm »
teki arii,

Thanks for the additional insight.  The Burson discrete opamp will not physically fit in my cd player.  There are rather large Black Gate capacitors adjacent each opamp. 

Have you compared the other 2 normal size opamps to the BB2111?

Dave

teiki arii

« Reply #42 on: 31 Dec 2006, 08:02 pm »
teiki arii,
Thanks for the additional insight.  The Burson discrete opamp will not physically fit in my cd player.  There are rather large Black Gate capacitors adjacent each opamp. 
Have you compared the other 2 normal size opamps to the BB2111?
Hello Dave,
You could ask for Dual Burson flexible pliant adaptable Discret OPA. I know they do some... It would be easier to fit them in your CDP if you are actually interested. :wink:
But I haven't try OPA2111 yet at the Cayin CDT-17A I/V conversion section, I should be doing it by next January-February. Nevertheless, I have tried single OPA as AD843, AD847, AD845, OPA604, OPA134, OPA627AP, OPA627BP, AD825 with adaptator, OPA227 and so and so... in differential section, and no one is as terrific as the Burson Audio ones: I use them in differential section since I feel them very "transparent" to get the OPA signature of the dual ones at the I/V section... And strangely, I get typically the same signature of each OPA as used in differential section.
But tell me Dave, at which CDP section do you use your OPA?
Best regards and happy new year!
teki arii... :wink:

David Ellis

• http://www.ellisaudio.com
« Reply #43 on: 31 Dec 2006, 11:07 pm »
But tell me Dave, at which CDP section do you use your OPA?
j

I apologize for not answring this previously.  The opamps in my CD player are immediately before the final output tube buffer stage.

Also, I went back and looked at the cable-attached opamps with remote modules.  I then considered my CD player further.  I... really don't have a place to put them.  Even if the cost was $30, I still don't have a place to mount them.  MY CD player is very croweded and most of the Black gate capacitors already stand-off the PCB.

Dave

teiki arii

« Reply #44 on: 1 Jan 2007, 04:50 am »
The opamps in my CD player are immediately before the final output tube buffer stage.
Also, I went back and looked at the cable-attached opamps with remote modules.  I then considered my CD player further.  I... really don't have a place to put them.  Even if the cost was $30, I still don't have a place to mount them.  MY CD player is very croweded and most of the Black gate capacitors already stand-off the PCB.
What a "shame" or what a pity, as you like... 8) :wink:
Well, you can try LM4562 or THS4032 in stead of OP2111. You won"t get the BB signature that I like very much too, but it might be very interesting.
Happy new year for all of you,
teiki arii from France... :wink: