Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
SOLD

Time to sell these legendary speakers. 

List Price, stock Forte III's - $4,000
Cost of upgrades - $1,000
Total - $5,000

My Price - $2700

Here is a link to the thread that shows my trip to GR Research and the EXTENSIVE improvements made to the speakers:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=166996.0

The speakers in that thread are the exact speakers I am selling now.  Looking at all the changes we made, it occurs to me that these might be the best sounding Forte's to ever walk the earth.  Here's a pic of the crossover, before and after:

We also braced and damped the internal of the speaker, extensively.  It was completely unbraced before we got started:

I still have the original boxes and paperwork:

Functionally these are perfect.  Better than perfect.  Better than stock.  They are flat out amazing sounding.  There are problems with the cosmetics, I've taken extensive photo's to try to show what's there in detail.  The short summary is this - Colorado is very dry and the veneer has hairline cracks.  There's also some dings to some of the edges and corners.  You can see them clearly in the photos.  And lastly, the passive radiator on the back has some silly-putty residue on it.  I was trying out mass-weighting of the PR to tune the bass lower and the putty did not come off cleanly.  The PR can be replaced by contacting Klipsch but I never did because it's on the back and I never saw it after setup. 

These are big and heavy boxes so will need to go freight.  UPS or DHL is probably the best option for these guys. 
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2022, 07:02 pm by Tyson »

billion$baby

Re: FS: Klipsch Forte III Speakers - Hotrodded by GR Research
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2022, 11:32 am »
Surprised you cant ship UPS.  I have a FEDEX Account and you can ship anything up to 150 Pounds going regular ground.  If its over 150 you can still use FEDEX but it goes FedEx Freight.  Im sure UPS follows the same guidelines more or less.

Tyson

« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2022, 03:35 pm »
Surprised you cant ship UPS.  I have a FEDEX Account and you can ship anything up to 150 Pounds going regular ground.  If its over 150 you can still use FEDEX but it goes FedEx Freight.  Im sure UPS follows the same guidelines more or less.

Good to know, I modified the ad to reflect this.

alanhuth

« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2022, 12:48 am »
Why are you selling them?

Tyson

« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2022, 05:04 pm »
Why are you selling them?

Moving away from box speakers entirely.  Bought some Spatial Audio X3’s to replace them.  Otherwise I would have kept the Forte’s, they sound spectacular.

alanhuth

« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2022, 07:12 pm »
That's a good reason.  For the life of me, I can't understand why these are still available. 

Tyson

« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2022, 07:33 pm »
That's a good reason.  For the life of me, I can't understand why these are still available. 

I know, right.  The upgrades fix the one weakness of Klipsch speakers (the hotness/brightness is now completely fixed) while keeping all their strengths, like insane dynamics and punch.  I love these speakers and I am sad to see them go.  In fact I have half a mind to keep them!

alanhuth

« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2022, 07:57 pm »
You have the disease bad.  Please PM me in a couple years when you are ready to unload the X3's. 

CrazyBlue

« Reply #8 on: 19 Feb 2022, 06:12 am »
If you accept Paypal I'll take them. PM sent.

Tyson

Re: SOLD Klipsch Forte III Speakers - Hotrodded by GR Research
« Reply #9 on: 19 Feb 2022, 07:02 pm »
Sold to CrazyBlue!  I'm actually a bit sad to see these go....