Le Amp II

sas

Le Amp II
« on: 31 Mar 2005, 12:50 pm »
check out the norh.com news for April:

"a project to update Le Amp 2.  As everyone reading this will know, oil prices have gone up while the US dollar has gone down in value. This has affected businesses which import parts from all over the world - ours inclusive. Most of the customers who ordered Le Amp 2 ordered  two units for stereo at a time.  Our low price included shipping.  The problem was that with increasing costs and higher shipping costs, Le Amp 2 was simply priced too low.  We have decided to build a stereo amp that is essentially two monoblocks built into one case.  Doing this will save us money on the case and shipping.  I hope we have some photos very soon."

Michael, if you read this, what does it mean?
 - the Le Amp II's will be discontinued (if so, when), or the price will go up?
 - Are Le Amp II's still on sale? Have the initial production problems been ironed out?
 - Any ideas on the pricing of the new amp. Also, will it be possible to use it as a monoblock as well?

It would be ashame if it was curtains for the Le Amp II -- touted as "norh's flagship amp for some time to come", especially given all the pains you had in getting it ready to be shipped.

I've also a question for any other Norh users out there: Have you compared the Le Amp/IRD MB100 with the Le Amp II???????
I'd be really interested to hear what you think, as I'm in the market for monoblocks and was interested in either the IRD MB100's or the Le Amp II.....

Thanks in advance....

sas

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Le Amp II
« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2005, 11:59 am »
I'm a little curious about this, too.  Perhaps one will have to email namphung or MB to see what the deal is.

eric the red

Le Amp II
« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2005, 04:18 am »
This is a joke, right? Most of his customers who originally ordered the le amp got strung along for a year by broken promises by Barnes who ultimately delivered NOTHING to them. I along with many many other audiofools had them on order. I think you'll find that maybe 3 people on this site might get excited by his latest announcement of a new amp after the crap he pulled with the le amp. Barnes abandoned this forum a long time ago and so did many of his customers abandon norh. The truth hurts...

Marbles

Le Amp II
« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2005, 04:37 am »
While many of us did sell some of our nOrh gear, and the Le Amp II seemed to be Michaels downfall, many of us still have a lot of nOrh gear and have fond thoughts of it.

I just sent a nOrh marble speaker to Dennis Murphy for a new XO.

To paraphrase MB, XO's are childs play compared to making a cabinet out of marble.

While many DID abandon nOrh, many didn't.

eric the red

Le Amp II
« Reply #4 on: 8 Apr 2005, 07:50 am »
All I'm talking about here is broken amp promises and you know as well as I Marbles that there have been many as you and I go back aways on these forums. I still think the Norh's Prism 6.9 speakers are one of the all time best buys in audioland period.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Le Amp II
« Reply #5 on: 8 Apr 2005, 07:53 am »
It's irrelevant now that the LAII was years late- it appears they've been shipping for over a year.  Now that they're a real product, it would be a shame to give 'em the axe.

eric the red

Le Amp II
« Reply #6 on: 8 Apr 2005, 07:58 am »
It's hard to know if the LeAmp 2s have been shipping for awhile Rob as there is no info or reviews out here in audioland. Once again I think the easy solution is for the owner of the company and the moderator of this forum is to take 10 minutes a month and post here. Thus ends  my norh rant for 2005...

rosconey

Le Amp II
« Reply #7 on: 8 Apr 2005, 11:15 am »
le amp2 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

wonder why the norh forum is even still around-mr barnes hasnt been in a few years-lets shut it down

Marbles

Le Amp II
« Reply #8 on: 8 Apr 2005, 02:31 pm »
It's an owners circle and the owners keep it active....

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Le Amp II
« Reply #9 on: 10 Apr 2005, 12:20 am »
Eric The Red and Rosconey - two notorious nohr bashers - why are you guys posting in our owner's circle? Can't you spew your bile in any other forums?

Marbles, how about the wastebin for these posts, this is an owners circle after all, not a forum to debate whether we will bash nohr.

rosconey

Le Amp II
« Reply #10 on: 10 Apr 2005, 07:20 am »
im a norh basher :?:
wtf is your problem :nono: the guy never shows up -thats why i say close the friggin circle-nothing more-why keep a circle for a company that hasnt shown up in  2 years-

i dont know how you came up with the norh bashing crap unless you havent taken your meds or gotten laid in a few months

:wink:

JohnR

Le Amp II
« Reply #11 on: 10 Apr 2005, 07:24 am »
rosconey, this is an **owner's** circle now. It's for owners of the product(s) to use to talk about it tha product(s). There is no requirement for the manufacturer to participate.

eric the red

Le Amp II
« Reply #12 on: 10 Apr 2005, 10:29 am »
I'm not a notorious norhbasher either as I've owned two pairs of their speakers and thought they were great. The leamp2 has been a joke for alot of us for a few years so relax. The dude should just stick to speakers, as in the "norh loudspeaker company". And when you say "owner's circle" I thought you meant owner of the company.  Now I get it. Considering how much gets posted in here these days, you guys should be happy with the cheap entertainment. I can't wait for LeAmp3!!!

eric the red

Le Amp II
« Reply #13 on: 10 Apr 2005, 10:30 am »
:?:

rosconey

Le Amp II
« Reply #14 on: 10 Apr 2005, 01:41 pm »
other than this crap this forum is dead-nothing but look at this months norh news- :lol:
i also thought owners circle meant m barnes was to modderate-guess im confused because mr tanner is always at the bryston circle

for the record i think he designs great speakers-all his speakers look great -that cant be said for alot of speaker mfgr's