6-Stack Build

NoahH

Re: 6-Stack Build
« Reply #40 on: 21 Feb 2022, 04:25 am »
Got it. Thanks Hal!

NoahH

« Reply #41 on: 24 Feb 2022, 06:24 am »
Does anyone have experience on whether open baffle mains (nx-tremes) or subs (these 6 stack h-frame beasts) are happier being closer to the sidewalls?

I can't actually test the subs as I don't have plate amps yet, and I would like to get the mains vaguely setup in the meantime, but a guess on which is likely to be happier near sidewalls will help me vaguely start in the right ballpark.

Thanks all!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #42 on: 24 Feb 2022, 06:17 pm »
OB speakers have nulls to the sides so you can put them close to sidewalls if need be.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #43 on: 24 Feb 2022, 06:22 pm »
They are happier close to side walls than they are to the front wall.

subsonic1050

« Reply #44 on: 24 Feb 2022, 07:04 pm »
Take it for what it's worth because everyone's room is different. I spent 3 days positioning my NX-Treme's and they ended up being pretty far apart - definitely closer to the side walls - maybe 2 feet from the side walls in a 14 foot wide room. They are about 6 feet out into the room in a 19 foot long room. I also like to use them for near field listening so I have them toed in quite a bit.

NoahH

« Reply #45 on: 24 Feb 2022, 07:23 pm »
Appreciate these notes. Have folks mostly ended up with the mains furthest apart / closer to the walls and the subs further towards the middle, or vice versa?

NoahH

« Reply #46 on: 27 Feb 2022, 12:27 am »
I finally have all the drivers in. Placement is far from final. I need the plate amps to get the subs going, then I can place properly.

Pictures can't really capture them well. 7 layers of white lacquer. Quite happy.  :)

No rez needs to go in soon too.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #47 on: 27 Feb 2022, 01:26 am »
If you run the main speakers without the subs you think "these actually sound pretty good on their own".  Then you turn on the subs and you crap your pants.  Haha.  Nice setup!!!

NoahH

« Reply #48 on: 4 Mar 2022, 05:38 am »
Hobbs or Danny - any word from Rythmik on plates? My offer of organizing a heist at the chip manufacturer to unblock manufacturing still stands...

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #49 on: 4 Mar 2022, 04:12 pm »
No, nothing yet.

NoahH

« Reply #50 on: 5 Mar 2022, 09:50 pm »
Thanks Hobbs. Apologies for asking regularly - I am just excited.

One quick question you might be able to help me on: I want to finish the wiring on the subs, but I don't know where the connectors go. What I really mean is - does the connector go on the plate amp box so the sub has the long cable going to the plate amp box, or does the plate amp have a long cable that plugs into the sub? I need to figure out how much wire is needed to be left on the speaker side.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #51 on: 7 Mar 2022, 04:03 pm »
Thanks Hobbs. Apologies for asking regularly - I am just excited.

One quick question you might be able to help me on: I want to finish the wiring on the subs, but I don't know where the connectors go. What I really mean is - does the connector go on the plate amp box so the sub has the long cable going to the plate amp box, or does the plate amp have a long cable that plugs into the sub? I need to figure out how much wire is needed to be left on the speaker side.

Put the connectors on the speaker then use the cabling that comes on the plate amp. You want to keep the length of the cable short so just use the length of wire that comes with the amp

NoahH

« Reply #52 on: 8 Mar 2022, 01:49 am »
Thanks!