New member from Italy

RobertoBell

New member from Italy
« on: 12 Dec 2021, 08:43 pm »
Hi all!
I am a new member from Milan, Italy.
Hopefully a new Omega owner soon , I am choosing the right speaker with Louis help.
Cheers!

Milan

Re: New member from Italy
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2021, 10:42 pm »
Hi Roberto,

this is Milan from Prague, Czech republic.
I am a proud owner of a Super Alnico HO monitors. Right now it is one year I received them.
The loudspeakers are not only beautiful, but the sound is amazing. I cannot be more happy.
Some experienced audio files told me not to buy speakers I have not tried them first.
But after I discovered Omega loudspeakers on the internet, I was sure this is what I was looking for.
And my intuition was correct. I chose the best speakers in the world considering my budget.

I drive them with an 8 WPC SET amp Elekit TU-8200R, assembled by myself. I was afraid if the power will be enough to drive any loudspeakers.
But I can tell you now, that I cannot put the volume pot more than to 9 o´clock if I do not want my neighbors knock on my doors.
The most surprising for me is the Near field listening at the night. Even with a minimum volume the speakers play the full range of the sound.

I can imagine how exciting it must be for you waiting for your pair of Omegas. I wish you enjoy them like I enjoyed my Omegas.

Maybe just one advice. I had really a bad experience with the delivery service here in Europe. If I knew it, I would rather pay more money for the careful delivery with a reliable transportation company than to use the cheapest option. One of my speakers was damaged on purpose by some post office employee. It must have been some psycho who hates anything with USA stickers on the box. The stickers were stained with a black marker. Fortunately the speakers were packed very well and nothing was really damaged. Only the metallic core of the coin inside was scattered and I was able to fix it by myself. But I do not want to scary you. I had just a bad luck.

I am looking forward to seeing your comment after you receive your Omegas. I wish you all the best.

Merry Christmas. Milan

RobertoBell

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2021, 10:04 am »
Thank you very much for your kind answer, Milan.

As a matter of fact, I had the same doubt about buying speakers that I had not tried first, but all the articles I read are confirming that Omega should be a very good pairing for my amp. I am also waiting for a Decware Zen Triod to come, and about that pairing everybody is saying that is great.

Thank you for the advice about the delivery service; being myself in the wine trade business I have experienced damages and frustration often. I will see with Louis what delivery solution could be the most reliable.

I will certainly tell you when the speakers will arrive (as a matter of a fact we are still dicussing the finish) and how they work!

I wish you too a merry Christmas
Roberto

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2021, 03:01 pm »
Ciao & Welcome to AC Roberto   :thumb: 

Milan

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2021, 06:20 pm »
I do not know if I may, but I cannot help myself.

Unpacked Beauty, I think it is American walnut.

The coil inside the speaker I had to fix. Fortunately an easy job.

The first test if everything is allright.

RobertoBell

« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2021, 10:07 pm »
Ciao & Welcome to AC Roberto   :thumb:

Thank you Arthur!

RobertoBell

« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2021, 10:08 pm »
Thank you Arthur!

They are beautiful! Walnut is my first choice, by the way

Les Lammers

« Reply #7 on: 25 Dec 2021, 03:50 pm »
I do not know if I may, but I cannot help myself.

Unpacked Beauty, I think it is American walnut.

The coil inside the speaker I had to fix. Fortunately an easy job.

The first test if everything is allright.

Welcome Milan, if where your speakers are is where they will stay, putting them on these stands will be a benefit.

https://isoacoustics.com/pro-audio-isolation-products/iso-stands/iso-155-isolation-stands/