Don't miss April meeting of the LA & OC Audio Society

John Casler

New members and guests most welcome! !!!

EAR Thrilling EVENT on April 17th!!!!!

It's Gallo time for the Society!!

Don't miss this once in a lifetime event at Evolution Audio and Video in Agoura Hills with special guest John DeVillars, U.S. Sales Manager of Gallo!!

Hear the famous Gallo Ref 3's!  Hear incredible stereo and surround.  Talk with the best in the business.  Hosted by audiophile Jay Franks, President of Evolution.

PLUS...

"Winner Take All Raffle" of Hot New Micro 5.1 Gallo System with TR1 Active Sub for a very lucky audiophile!!!!!  $1000 Prize SUPER SURROUND  SYSTEM   Thank You Gallo!!!!!  

Lunch served and selected by our own Hajime Sato, our new VP Hospitality   Giant WINNER TAKE ALL Raffle                    Great Guests   Don't miss it!

Sunday  April 17  2-5pm   Evolution Audio and Video   Agoura Hills   Scroll down for Directions

AND  30% off list!!! of most software in stock just for our Society...big selection and great shopping opportunity...You don't want to miss this wonderful one day only deal on audiophile goodies galore!

New members and guests most welcome!

See you all April 17th for Gallo time,

Bob Levi
President
Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society
America's Premier Audio Society www.laocaudiosociety.com  

Evolution Audio and Video
5341 Derry Avenue, Suite S, Agoura Hills, CA  91301
Tel: 818-879-1312

Directions:

From North:  101 South.  Exit at Kanan Rd.   Turn left onto Kanan Rd/CR-N9   Turn right onto Canwood St.   Turn left onto Derry Avenue.

From The South:  101 North from 405.  Exit toward Chesbro Dr, Agoura Hills.   Turn right onto Palo Comado Canyon Rd.   Turn left onto Chesbro Rd.   Turn right onto Canwood St.   Turn right onto Derry Ave.

John Casler

Update on the April Meeting
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2005, 01:52 am »
Hi All. here is an update on the April Meeting.  Looks like it is shaping up to be even more interesting.

Dear Members,

The Gallo Event at Evolution Audio and Video in Agoura Hills on Sunday, April 17, 2-5pm, just gets bigger and BIGGER!!!!

Please Read this!!

Hey Bob,

My analog guru, John Guidi has put together some specials for your club members during our upcoming event.  Maybe you can pass this (via email, etc.) to all your members.

Featured Products:

Meridian DSP5200 w/ the Meridian G91 DVD/Tuner Controller
Wolcott Audio Presence P120-S Stereo Amplifier
Gallo Reference III with or without Ultra Tweeters
TBI Majestic Diamond Professional Audio Monitors
Audience Adept Response Hi Rez Power Conditioner

Golden Sound Tweeks:
JSMR Magic Rings - Demonstrated
JSMR Ultra Tweeters – Demonstrated

Golden Sound Intelligent Chip:
Bring your most veiled CD’s in for a free treatment.

Lots of Demo Cables and Accessories at below dealer cost!

Special one day only LA&OC Audio Society discounts on many fabulous products.

That’s the plan!

Thanks,

Jay

Thank you Jay! And we'll see you for the wonderful music, "Winner Take ALL Raffle" , Incredible Discounts on Software, and Terrific deals on top equipment on April 17th!  Guests and new members most welcome! Lunch served. Tell your audiophile friends about this one!!!

Best to all and great listening,

Bob Levi

President

Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society

America's Premier Audio Society  www.laocaudiosociety.com for directions!

Sa-dono

« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2005, 10:53 pm »
Someone definitely get a CD treated by the Intelligent Chip. I'd be curious to see if you guys hear any difference. Have fun! :D

Mad DOg

« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2005, 01:31 am »
Quote from: Sa-dono
Someone definitely get a CD treated by the Intelligent Chip. I'd be curious to see if you guys hear any difference. Have fun! :D

went to a friend's home and he had 2 identical CDs. he treated one with the Intelligent chip and left the other untreated. he ran 4 separate blind a/b tests, and i correctly id'd differences every time.

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2005, 08:51 pm »
So how was the meeting guys?  

I'm disappointed I missed it being a Gallo guy.  Still haven't heard the Ref 3s to assess how well they stack up to my eight year old (and still astounding sounding) Ref 2s.

John Casler

« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2005, 09:23 pm »
Quote from: Russtafarian
So how was the meeting guys?  

I'm disappointed I missed it being a Gallo guy.  Still haven't heard the Ref 3s to assess how well they stack up to my eight year old (and still astounding sounding) Ref 2s.

Actually the meeting was great!  We missed you  :(

I think we had 4-5 new members show up and one of them actually won the raffle (Gallo 5.1 system)

What a welcome to the club he got!!

Since I end up being "at the door" for most of the meetings, I missed the Gallo Presentation, but did get an almost "private audition" of one of my ref cuts before closing down at 5:00 pm.

They were single amped with a rather large Theta, but with a "so-so" CDP.

In spsite of that they did sound pretty good in some categories, like dynamics and depth.

I put on Stimela (Coal Train) by Masekela and found the sound was pretty good.  

I did notice the "midget" vertical height, some comment on, and was told that they do have "stands" that can raise them off the floor by about a foot or so.

But in any event, they sounded much like I remember from CES a couple years ago.  At that price point, they are a consideration.

All in all it was a good meeting and I fianlly picked up the Mof Fi Original Master Recording SACD of Cafe Blue by Patricia Barber for $23.95 which is a pretty good price.

Its $26.95 at Tower and  $29.98 at Amazon.

Evolution does "mail order" of their DVDA's, CD's, SACD's, DVD's, DTS MCM's,  and such so they might save you some dough.

Mad DOg

« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2005, 09:42 pm »
Since I end up being "at the door" for most of the meetings, I missed the Gallo Presentation, but did get an almost "private audition" of one of my ref cuts before closing down at 5:00 pm.

sorry you got stuck at the door, John... :( wish i could've been there to help you out, man...

Sa-dono

« Reply #7 on: 26 Apr 2005, 03:23 am »
Quote from: Mad DOg

went to a friend's home and he had 2 identical CDs. he treated one with the Intelligent chip and left the other untreated. he ran 4 separate blind a/b tests, and i correctly id'd differences every time.

Interesting. :) Did he happen to compare the 2 original pressings, before using the IC? I just ask because depending on the quality of the press, the type of disc used, and other factors, there can be an audible difference between original pressings of the same title. This obviously doesn't mean the IC doesn't make a difference.