Spatial Audio X5 Speakers (Gloucester, VA)

Toob_Boob

Spatial Audio X5 Speakers (Gloucester, VA)
« on: 23 Oct 2021, 09:38 pm »
I bought these speakers from a fellow AudioCircle member about a month ago for $6500. Below is his actual For Sale posting. They, sadly, are just not a good fit for my room and Octave V80SE integrated amp. An audio buddy brought over his EL84-based tube amp and the speakers sounded great with his amp. I've also heard they sound wonderful with the LTA amps, they are often paired with the LTA gear at the audio shows. I considered keeping them and buying the LTA integrated amp but I don't want to go that route at present so I've decided to give them up to a new home. It's heartbreaking to give them up after lusting after them for so long but it must be done. Rumor has it that Spatial Audio is having supply-line issues which have impacted their ability to meet demand so it's hard to get a new set of X5s at the moment. My loss could be your gain. I am just looking to recoup the $6500 I paid for them to break even (minus the 8 hour round-trip drive I made to pick them up). I have the original boxes and packing materials but I will not ship the speakers. Buyer to cover PayPal fees if purchased via PP, I am open to other forms of payment.

"Natural beech finish, less than a year old, in as new condition. $6500. These are really fine speakers, selling because they are too big for my listening area. Going back to monitors. Near Harpers Ferry WV, about 60 miles from DC and Baltimore. A local sale would be best because of their size and weight, though I do have the original shipping cartons and will ship if necessary."

The pictures were taken by the previous owner.

« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2021, 11:05 pm by Toob_Boob »

genjamon

Re: Spatial Audio X5 Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2021, 10:20 pm »
Location?

Rusty Jefferson

Re: Spatial Audio X5 Speakers
« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2021, 01:38 am »
Location?
In the title of the thread.