Will Salkstreams need Linux update to run Roon after upcoming Roon update Nov 3?

Saturn94

I updated Roon and all seems well.  :thumb:

Again, thank you Jim for your time and effort on this.  :D

JDoyle

The update is working fine with mine too!  :thumb:

Saturn94

The update is working fine with mine too!  :thumb:

Good to hear.  :thumb:

DEP14

Noticing any real difference in how Roon Functions after the update?

I’ve not allowed mine to update yet, as I don’t even have a CD player anymore… so if my Roon bricks.. I’m hosed.

Sounds like the update went fine for both of you, but any benefits?  I often feel most of the Roon updates over the years didn’t do a whole lot, unless it was very obvious. 

JDoyle

No improvement in sound that I’ve noticed… I haven’t listened to my headphones yet, but I’m not expecting to hear anything.

golddustpeak

I've updated as per Jim's instructions (THANKS  JIM) and installed the new version in my streamplayer.
All seems to be working OK but I'm not seeing any changes.

What differences do you see?

Saturn94

Noticing any real difference in how Roon Functions after the update?

I’ve not allowed mine to update yet, as I don’t even have a CD player anymore… so if my Roon bricks.. I’m hosed.

Sounds like the update went fine for both of you, but any benefits?  I often feel most of the Roon updates over the years didn’t do a whole lot, unless it was very obvious.

It does feel a little more responsive/snappier after the update.

Before, I would have to reboot the Salkstream once in awhile because memory usage would continually increase to the point where Roon performance would start to suffer (become a bit slow, laggy).  I believe this update is suppose to fix this.  Time will tell.

No audio difference, but then I didn’t expect any.  I’m not one who has noticed any audible differences with updates.

So far, I’ve not noticed any problems with the update.

DEP14

Yes, I certainly wouldn't expect any better sounds as it's just zero's and ones...

But didn't know if there was new functionality, snappier response etc.  Thanks for the responses.

DEP14

Ok, updated mine last night.

No issues. 

It does seem to run a little faster.  But, otherwise unremarkable.

Saturn94

Ok, updated mine last night.

No issues. 

It does seem to run a little faster.  But, otherwise unremarkable.

:thumb: