Recommendations for NX-Studio stands (preferably in white)?

RolandButcher

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but I'd appreciate any recommendations you may have for NX-Studio stands - white is preferred but not necessary. Thanks in advance!

Beerbellydad

Re: Recommendations for NX-Studio stands (preferably in white)?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2021, 06:35 pm »
I used Monoprice Monolith stands, filled them with sand, and bolted my Studios to them. The whole unit is deceptively heavy and I don't worry at all about them being knocked over (even by my elementary school-aged children). They're black, but could easily be painted.
https://www.amazon.com/Monolith-Inch-Speaker-Stand-Each/dp/B07DMB1GCM/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=speaker+stands+monoprice&qid=1631298694&sr=8-3

RolandButcher

« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2021, 07:22 pm »
Nice, thanks. By bolting the stands to the speaker, I guess you don't use anything for isolation between the two?

Beerbellydad

« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2021, 07:59 pm »
Nice, thanks. By bolting the stands to the speaker, I guess you don't use anything for isolation between the two?
No isolation - bolted tight and spiked to the concrete floor. Filled with sand, there's no way these things would ring....THUD

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2021, 11:15 pm »
Those look amazing.

jlucas

« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2021, 11:45 pm »
Detail on the inserts used for bolting?

Beerbellydad

« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2021, 12:47 pm »
Detail on the inserts used for bolting?

I installed 1/4-20 t-nuts on the inside of the cabinet. I’m not a woodworker, but I figured these would give me strength needed without having to rely on threads biting into the MDF. I then drilled corresponding holes in the top plate of the stands and used hex bolts to fasten it all together.