RIP Rocky Mountain Audiofest

jsalk

RIP Rocky Mountain Audiofest
« on: 2 Sep 2021, 05:19 pm »
It was just announced that this year's RMAF show has been canceled and that Marjorie and Marcie will no longer be producing this show in the future.

For most of the past 17 years, we have made the cross country trip to Denver each fall for what has always been one of the best run shows in the US.  We had planned to attend this year's show as well.  But today it was announced that RMAF was canceled and will be no more.

Hopefully someone can pick up on this show and make it happen again.

I'd like to personally thank Marjorie, her dedicated staff and the Colorado Audio Society for all their hard work and dedication over the years.  Companies like ours have benefitted immensely from the exposure shows like RMAF have provided.  We have met so many great people over the years and will miss showing in Denver, one of my favorite cities.  (I spent 8 months at Fitzsimmons Army Hospital in Denver recovering from a grenade attack sustained in Vietnam.  So it will always hold a special place in my heart.)

Without RMAF, the audio world will never be quite the same.

- Jim

Big Red Machine

Re: RIP Rocky Mountain Audiofest
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2021, 05:55 pm »
Ditto James. I really liked the downtown show myself and the fact the hotel was dedicated to that one show that weekend.

Well, there's always Chicago and Rockville I guess.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #2 on: 2 Sep 2021, 06:14 pm »
The Capital Audio Fest is putting up a brave front, but I don't see how they're going to pull it off.  I don't think Delta is leaving us anytime soon. 

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2021, 06:41 pm »
Unfortunate. It was the only show outside of BAF that I went to at least somewhat regularly... :(

Best,
Anand.

Mudslide

« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2021, 08:10 pm »
I'm sorry to see another audio show go down.  Perhaps we should fill the space with another or our rinky-dink but heart felt, catered, Great Oregon Coast GTG's!  The Phoenix of GTG's.   :lol:  Yeah, that's not going to happen.  Seriously, I hope local and small regional shows and GTG's take up the cause.  They can be productive...but more work for the manufacturers.  We audio nuts are not going away.

Jim, remember that driveway?  Phew!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #5 on: 3 Sep 2021, 02:47 am »
Without RMAF, the audio world will never be quite the same.

Indeed. Very sorry to hear this.

Ace Deprave

« Reply #6 on: 8 Sep 2021, 03:26 pm »
Sad to hear, especially after recently moving (back) to Denver.

Also Jim, thank you for your service!