NX Studio build question

Tomy2Tone

NX Studio build question
« on: 24 Mar 2021, 11:27 pm »
Has anybody glued up the entire cabinet and then was able to fit the crossover board through the mid woofer opening? I’m assuming one can cut and apply the No Rez to each piece before glueing but to be able to test and make sure the crossover is done correctly I’d like to put it in last. I like Jays idea, or maybe it was Peter, of glueing up the cabinet all at once so I’m guessing it can be done but I haven’t seen or read where somebody has done that. Just curious if someone has been successful doing it this way.

Sonicjoy

Re: NX Studio build question
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2021, 12:29 am »
Yes it fits through the woofer hole. You can pre fit the Norez before you assemble the box but install it after the box is glued up. Don't forget to seal the inside of the box after it's glued up with wood sealer. I used Minwax brand. This is the way I did it, as documented in my thread.

Captainhemo

Re: NX Studio build question
« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2021, 05:53 pm »
Just keep the  board <  5.5"  wide, it will fit.

I recommend leaving lots of wire  length  on the inputs so that if you ever want to  pull the  network out and  do  some mods youi'll have lots of wire and won't need to mess with the tube connectors.

On any monitor builds, I've always installed the no-rez after  assembly through the  woofer cutout,  it's actulally  not so bad once you  get  your hand in there

jay