The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run - recommended because you're my friends

WGH

I was looking for a silly movie and found something profoundly deeper. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run is all about friendship. SpongeBob is completely non-judgemental and makes friends wherever he goes, even his enemies like him. Something we all should strive for.

The Bikini Bottom gang join together to rescue SpongeBob's pet snail Gary when he is snailnapped by powerful King Poseidon. Their adventure has plenty of colorful action and surprise guest stars, adults won't be bored at all, you might enjoy this film more than your kids because like the old "Fractured Fairy Tales" the film is full or references and inside jokes the kids will never get.

Sponge on the Run isn't a budget production like the latest crop of Bruce Willis films we've been watching, it is totally first class with A-list actors and production values. Live action and animation is combined, the results is totally fun and surprising. Actors featured include Awkwafina, Tiffany Haddish, Snoop Dogg, Danny Trejo (the last person you would expect to see in a cartoon) and Keanu Reeves as Sage (literally).

The music and soundtrack is also by A-list performers and composers and include:
Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer - Wonder Woman 1984, Inception, The Lion King, Blade Runner 2049, Interstellar, Gladiator, Dunkirk and 130 more music credits
Songs are performed by Weezer, Fog Hat, Willie Nelson, Snoop Dog, Ricky Martin, Kenny G, Royal Crown Revue, Herb Alpert, and Tainy.

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run is the feel good movie of the year.

Watch the trailer on RT - yet another film where the critics just don't get it, they need more friends.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_spongebob_movie_sponge_on_the_run

Streaming everywhere except Netflix

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Rocket

Hi,

I remember watching the first SpongeBob movie with my kids and it was totally hilarious.

I might check this out but don't tell anyone lol.

Cheers Rod

WGH

I might check this out but don't tell anyone lol.

I'll be looking forward to your anonymous review.