Sold: Duelund DCA16GA single run wire $1.75/ foot

jonbee

Sold: Duelund DCA16GA single run wire $1.75/ foot
« on: 12 Mar 2021, 03:10 am »

Duelund DCA16GA tin plated copper wire is a modern remake of classic Western Electric WE16GA wire, with improvements, supposedly. It is 16 ga.
From Duelund: "Tinned copper multistrand wire in a cotton and oil dielectricum – among enthusiasts recognised as the go to wire for “REAL” sound."
Very flexible. Not advisable for high voltages.
This wire has had a lot of buzz over the years, so I bought a bulk quantity to try out as speaker cables, although many use them for ICs and hookup wire of various uses, too.

They have a unique sonic signature compared to many cables. They seem a bit laid back on top, but are otherwise very pure and with excellent harmonic balance. Musical, if you will, like a great tube amp, perhaps. Some use them doubled up.
I've wired 2 good systems with them as speaker cables, unterminated, both full range and as biwires on tweeters, and with a little tweaking I'm very pleased with them, but have way more than I need and am selling it very near my cost.
If your system seems a little hot or bright on top, they are a great choice.
As these are single wires, a stereo pair takes 4 runs, so order 4X the final length you want.
I will sell any length up to 235 feet, with a 25 foot minimum (enough for ~6 foot pair of speaker cables or 2 pr. of 3 ft. ICs), and will charge $8 priority mail.
Order 50 feet or more and I'll pay the postage.
List price is ~$5/ft. Dealers charge ~$3 when discounted. My price, $1.75/ foot, or $7/ft for a stereo pair, makes these a great bargain. Its a cheap way to experiment.
Thanks for having a look.
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2021, 05:14 am by jonbee »

jonbee

Re: FS: Duelund DCA16GA single run wire $1.75/ foot
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2021, 03:26 pm »
235 feet left.
These do break in some. They open up some after 20 or so hours, with a bit more top end.

jonbee

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2021, 07:42 pm »
Down to ~135 feet from the 300 available last night.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2021, 06:55 am »
Do you think it have a great sound with headphones ?
Or awg 16 are too much?

jonbee

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2021, 07:12 am »
Do you think it have a great sound with headphones ?
Or awg 16 are too much?
Hard to tell. I think it might depend on a particular set of phones. I don't have a lot of experience with wiring phones.

jonbee

« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2021, 03:18 pm »
Mostly sold out. 18 feet left. SOLD.
I'll sell that for $35 shipped.
Thanks,
John
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2021, 05:19 am by jonbee »

Abby356

Re: Sold: Duelund DCA16GA single run wire $1.75/ foot
« Reply #6 on: 15 Mar 2021, 10:21 pm »
My wire arrived today.