New McIntosh CD/SACD Player

Don_S

New McIntosh CD/SACD Player
« on: 18 Feb 2021, 06:42 pm »
Just released. MCD85 SACD/CD Player $4500 USD. For those of you still spinning discs. Noteworthy that it includes SACDs.

"The MCD85 can play store bought SACDs and CDs as well as music from homemade CD or DVD Data Discs. Numerous file formats can be played from these discs including AAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD (up to DSD128), FLAC, MP3, WAV, and WMA. The USB Audio input supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz, and can be used to stream digital music from a computer or other digital storage device. There's also two coax and two optical digital inputs that support PCM signals up to 192kHz."

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New McIntosh CD/SACD Player
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2021, 07:18 pm »
Interesting unit looks useful today, many music lovers yet run CDs in many countries.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2021, 07:25 pm »

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2021, 09:00 pm »
Interesting unit looks useful today, many music lovers yet run CDs in many countries.

Still spinning those shiny discs myself. Stream for casual listening. Server when lazy to get up. Transport/DAC still King for me. For $4500 appears to be a good deal.

charles

MikeInAustin

« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2021, 11:18 pm »
Horrific looking.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2021, 11:30 pm »
Horrific looking.

I wonder if the designer knew that it didn’t have to look like the ugly cousin of a MA352?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2021, 02:16 am »
I didnt say that to avoid the patriotic gang, but beside ugly still looks cheap.

jjss49

« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2021, 03:04 am »
bling for those who care about such notions in hifi gear