« Reply #140 on: 29 May 2021, 03:52 am »
the BOT with the BDP...love that :thumb:

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: NEXT BRYSTON PRODUCT 2021
« Reply #141 on: 31 May 2021, 08:56 pm »
Sounds good - Chris,

And let add SACD capacity, a better streamer/internet tuner, bigger display, Headphone jack, I2S and multichannel (5.1 or Atmos music) outputs as well...

Luigi :thumb:

Already done..... in my imagination that is ;)

1oldguy

« Reply #142 on: 28 Oct 2021, 11:49 am »
Hi James, 

1 - Reboot the 2B.  I'm certain the 2.5B is excellent,  but the appearance and name have kept me from being really interested.  From the top view, it should have the same footprint as the 3B, but it should retain its 2 rack space height.  The heat sinks should extend all the way down its sides. Get rid of that notch in the cabinet. and call it a 2B.

2 - A new integrated amp that will fill the bill for a great quality, highly functional, and modestly powered solution.  This will appeal to people looking for a second system, office, cottage type needs. People that don't want separates or might be looking to downgrade from separates. This int amp needs more features than the B135, but doesn't need to be as powerful.  Maybe something like a B80.  It needs tone controls, tape loop, switched power outlet, etc.  You saw my post where I compared the features of several int amps.  Keep digital stuff out of this unit so it won't depreciate much as the digital tech changes.

3 - I would celebrate 50 years by offering VU meters in your amps.  I believe your initial 3B had them, so why not?. I know many will disagree with me, but with sound quality not really something to debate much anymore, features and appearance are where you need to focus now. 

I love the idea of meters!   

Rocket

« Reply #143 on: 30 Oct 2021, 11:25 am »
Hi Guys,

I'd really like to see a product like this and also with a cdp option as well. I am currently using my Bryston bdp 1 as a roon endpoint and I much prefer this to manic moose. I just like its simplicity and its running very smoothly as compared to when I use manic moose. I am no techie though and also bear in mind the Bryston bop 1 is using an awful lot of its processing power as the programs require more memory etc etc.

Again, I'd love to see a BDP-Roon Core!/quote]

Cheers Rod

werd

« Reply #144 on: 31 Oct 2021, 07:42 pm »
This is easy. A portable Bryston bluetooth player for under a $grand. I went and looked on the website to see if there was one, nope. I have come to enjoy music from a single driver point. I also think it hasn’t been fully explored sonically. I’d bet you’d sell lots if wasn’t too expensive.

werd

« Reply #145 on: 31 Oct 2021, 07:47 pm »
Also 12 volt power supplies that would replace wall wart supplies.

Rod_S

« Reply #146 on: 3 Dec 2021, 02:22 pm »
Another product that just came to mind which I don't see many of on the market, not at least targeted specifically to the home theater/audio crowd is a quality UPS coupled with a top notch power conditioner. A lot of us have either outboard PC's housing music and video libraries, attached external USB drives to devices, gaming consoles or dedicated standalone NAS units not to mention most households now a days have PVR's with hard drives. It wouldn't have to be a unit with an enormous power conditioning capacity like say a BIT-20, so 15A would be sufficient I would think given the nature of equipment that would take use of a UPS. I suppose it might be beneficial to also plug in your SSP and tv so they don't have the power dramatically cut from them while in use.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #147 on: 3 Dec 2021, 05:29 pm »
-B135 Cubed Integrated Amplifier is "love child" of BP-17/3 and 2.5B/3, according to Bryston website.How about BP-17/3 and 4B3, or 14B3, even better.And this time add XLR inputs.That would be "super love child"
-I can't understand, why some people are obsessed with VU meters?I can't even look at Classe, fucking disgusting.
-Bryston is considered as a high end gear (at least in my books), perhaps making "poor man's version", oh let's say SP4, or any other component is not a good idea.
« Last Edit: 3 Dec 2021, 09:51 pm by Mariusz Uszynski »

rcarlbe

« Reply #148 on: 8 Dec 2021, 03:37 pm »
My 2 cents is to truly make integrated active speaker by making  amps specifically designed for them and putting them in the speaker. Provide an integrated pre and dig crossover external but in same enclosure. Pre amp should include HDMI in/out and pre outs for at least 4 powered subs or other amps. (Multi subs is key based on base optimization science.) Leave streamers out of it.

clpetersen

« Reply #149 on: 10 Dec 2021, 09:32 pm »
The BR-20 is major accomplishment.  Just add an amplifier for a two box solution.

BUT, simplify the front panel!  Go retro if needed, but also take a look at Gato (for example) for some elegant analog front panels.

Can the DAC card for the BP-17 be upgraded to allow networking?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #150 on: 10 Dec 2021, 11:15 pm »
The BR-20 is major accomplishment.  Just add an amplifier for a two box solution.

BUT, simplify the front panel!  Go retro if needed, but also take a look at Gato (for example) for some elegant analog front panels.

Can the DAC card for the BP-17 be upgraded to allow networking?

Hi Cip,

No the streaming is done through the Pi not the DAC.

james

Palpatine

« Reply #151 on: 16 Feb 2022, 06:05 pm »
Make the B135 fully cubed and maybe put a display on it.

Rod_S

« Reply #152 on: 17 Feb 2022, 01:00 pm »
New products aside, I mean ones that Bryston has to R&D and build from scratch is to simply pick back up with the SP4 platform and start making available all of the hardware and firmware updates the Storm ISP MK platform has seen over the years. So offer current users the ability to upgrade their units, which is the MK1 platform to the 1.5 and also make available as separate SKU's the MK2 and MK3 or just the MK3 as it has the updated and much more informative screen.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #153 on: 17 Feb 2022, 01:17 pm »
Hi Rod,

There is not much we can do on that front as it is up to Storm as to whether they want to continue the relationship.

james

Arizona Dan

« Reply #154 on: 17 Feb 2022, 07:36 pm »
I would like to make a suggestion for a new Bryston product.
Converting (or DIY from scratch) loudspeakers from analog crossover to digital crossover is getting popular.  Products that are scarce are multichannel A/D converters and multichannel volume controls.  Some people could use 10-12 channels.  For example, six channels for a 3-way plus 4 subs.  Maybe something like the dspNexus from Danville Signal.  The digital part of the minidsp seems to be O.K.  It would be nice to exist the minidsp via digital and enter a quality multichannel D/A and then into a quality analog volume control. This could be one unit or two units, but of course price is always important.

Chewbacca 319

« Reply #155 on: 22 Feb 2022, 05:58 am »
One product I could see selling reasonably well is a Bryston equivalent to SVS's prime elevation speaker. Simple two way wall mountable sealed speaker that has its front baffle aggressively angled to use as height channels. I would assume this would be quite easy to manufacture using the standard titanium tweeter and use of the 5 inch mid-bass driver featured in your loudspeakers. I know I would purchase a set or two for Atmos since I don't have attic access in my house for in ceiling speakers and mounting these to the wall near the ceiling would be easy to do. The prime elevation is priced at $399 Canadian each, I would assume Bryston could hit a similar price point considering they sell the AC1 Micro for $660, these hypothetical speakers would be the same drivers minus one woofer. Just food for thought.

Rod_S

« Reply #156 on: 22 Feb 2022, 05:45 pm »
Hi Rod,

There is not much we can do on that front as it is up to Storm as to whether they want to continue the relationship.

james

Trying to get some clarity on this, is it that you/Bryston have reached out to Storm asking for firmware support to continue and updates be provided for your SP4 platform (their ISP Elite MK 1 platform) and they have shown no interest in doing that? If so why has the SP4 not be discontinued? Was there a contractual agreement that Bryyton would purchase X number of units from Storm and to date that number has not been fulfilled? If so and if they are no longer providing necessary support for your product wouldn't that constitute breach of contract? Not being knowledgable on the MK 1 Elite platform however with it still being shown on the Storm website and not being singled out as being a discontinued product I can only assume they are still supporting it so in turn should be supporting your SP4. If on the other hand it is a discontinued product and a contract still exists between Bryston and Storm shouldn't they then be offering Bryston ISP MK 2 or ISP MK 3 platforms in lieu of no ISP MK 1 availability (and Bryston call them SP5, SP6 or SP4a, SP4b) in order to see a contract through to completion.

Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #157 on: 22 Feb 2022, 06:06 pm »
Hi Rod,

Yes we have discuss things over time but the pandemic changed any further discussions and we have not had any further discussions. We assume they are going through the same pains we are with lack of parts to build product.
We did not have an agreement as such to buy total number of units just a group of product at one time.  We have long since sold out what we had but maybe an official notice that we will not be going forward is a good idea if we both agree that there is no future.

james

Rod_S

« Reply #158 on: 23 Feb 2022, 05:20 pm »
Hi Rod,

Yes we have discuss things over time but the pandemic changed any further discussions and we have not had any further discussions. We assume they are going through the same pains we are with lack of parts to build product.
We did not have an agreement as such to buy total number of units just a group of product at one time.  We have long since sold out what we had but maybe an official notice that we will not be going forward is a good idea if we both agree that there is no future.

james

Thanks for the response James, much appreciated. So it appears then that the relationship hasn't soured it's more related to the climate we find ourselves in at the moment. If the relationship is still considered good would there be any chance to arrange for another purchase agreement in the future, this time using the updated Storm platform, that now being the ISP Elite MK3 which has the much better front panel capable of displaying much more detail. I know you guys wanted to add your own analog section, etc. so you had what seemed like a nice road map planned for the SP4 so it would be nice if that could be carried forward via a future product release at some point.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #159 on: 23 Feb 2022, 05:41 pm »
That's my hope as well.

james