NEXT BRYSTON PRODUCT 2021

donpinar

Re: NEXT BRYSTON PRODUCT 2021
« Reply #120 on: 28 Mar 2021, 09:29 pm »
I would like to see a high end integrated amp along the lines of the new McIntosh MA12000. A hybrid high power integrated amplifier with built in DAC.

Rod_S

« Reply #121 on: 29 Mar 2021, 12:08 pm »
I just thought of something else, and this may have been put forward all ready, as we had been discussing the ever increasing prices I think a means to be able to work around or with that better for consumers over time is to make the trade in program that was piloted for just the 4B's last year a permanent thing, offered yearly but for all the products and not limited to a like for like trade up. So if someone got into Bryston with a 3B-SST they could trade that in towards a 4B Cubed, or a pair 7B Cubed for example helping to offset some of the cost in upgrading.

fbny71

« Reply #122 on: 29 Mar 2021, 05:55 pm »
I just thought of something else, and this may have been put forward all ready, as we had been discussing the ever increasing prices I think a means to be able to work around or with that better for consumers over time is to make the trade in program that was piloted for just the 4B's last year a permanent thing, offered yearly but for all the products and not limited to a like for like trade up. So if someone got into Bryston with a 3B-SST they could trade that in towards a 4B Cubed, or a pair 7B Cubed for example helping to offset some of the cost in upgrading.

I would have traded my 3B-STs toward 3B^`3s if that had been an option!

Clive197

« Reply #123 on: 31 Mar 2021, 09:42 am »
A full width MM/MC Phono-Stage using a Torodial Transformer and digital cartridge matching so no dip switches,

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #124 on: 31 Mar 2021, 03:25 pm »
   Bring back the BOT please ...thanks :thumb:

spinner

« Reply #125 on: 31 Mar 2021, 03:56 pm »
....Yes please...anything else is too much trouble ... If it's noisy I don't care..thanks :thumb:

rmurray

« Reply #126 on: 31 Mar 2021, 05:26 pm »
   and above all  I hope Bryston will always make an all in one CD player like the very fine BCD3 :thumb:

veloceleste

« Reply #127 on: 2 Apr 2021, 10:23 am »
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2023, 05:52 pm by veloceleste »

GrooveControl

« Reply #128 on: 2 Apr 2021, 01:51 pm »
Hey James, I just noticed the BAX-1, I didn’t know you had such a product.  Why not develop that product into a full fledged dsp/dac/eq/xo?

Add digital inputs and an IR sensor. The rest is software development. Fun I know  :(. Consider talking to the folks at minidsp about licensing their software.  I have the minidsp 2x4HD and the tools are awesome.  That with Bryston quality hardware would be amazing.

The pro market would probably be all over it. 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #129 on: 2 Apr 2021, 02:14 pm »
Hey James, I just noticed the BAX-1, I didn’t know you had such a product.  Why not develop that product into a full fledged dsp/dac/eq/xo?

Add digital inputs and an IR sensor. The rest is software development. Fun I know  :(. Consider talking to the folks at minidsp about licensing their software.  I have the minidsp 2x4HD and the tools are awesome.  That with Bryston quality hardware would be amazing.

The pro market would probably be all over it. 

Hi

Yes we use it with our active speakers (it raises the performance of a speaker to new levels).  I guess the issue for us is we are just so busy currently that we do not have time to look into some of these great ideas.  We will eventually though.

james

Don_S

« Reply #130 on: 2 Apr 2021, 02:35 pm »
“ At least get it down to two boxes. One box for loading CDs, storage, and playback. Second box for DAC for those who want to experiment or have DACs in their integrated amp.”

+3 on a one box cd transport with ssd storage and a streamer, dac optional.

Again I vote for a one or two box complete solution to CD ripping/storage/playback. Bryston has amplifiers, preamplifiers, and DACs. Do they really need more? What they don't have is a competitive media player in a world shifting rapidly in that direction. I just bought a one-box server for my second system. I would have preferred Bryston but no Bryston product fit my requirements.

Two of my 4 integrated amplifier have DACs so I have some flexibility there and I am not totally opposed to having one good external DAC. What I refuse to have is a kludge of boxes to rip/store/playback.

rmurray

« Reply #131 on: 2 Apr 2021, 11:15 pm »
Again I vote for a one or two box complete solution to CD ripping/storage/playback. Bryston has amplifiers, preamplifiers, and DACs. Do they really need more? What they don't have is a competitive media player in a world shifting rapidly in that direction. I just bought a one-box server for my second system. I would have preferred Bryston but no Bryston product fit my requirements.  :thumb:

Two of my 4 integrated amplifier have DACs so I have some flexibility there and I am not totally opposed to having one good external DAC. What I refuse to have is a kludge of boxes to rip/store/playback.

GrooveControl

« Reply #132 on: 3 Apr 2021, 09:06 pm »
(it raises the performance of a speaker to new levels). 

For sure,  between the amps only needing to operate and in a limited frequency range, avoiding the losses from all the xo components, and now digital allowing easier access to the desired freq response slopes on the drivers, active is the ultimate.  My experience with active was in PA use.  I once drove a speaker stack with 2 4Bs driving eight bass bins, a 3B driving 4 mid cabinets, and a 2B-lp driving 4 tweeter cabinets. The only amps that reached clipping was the 4Bs.  Damn that stack kicked ass. Although I have the necessary equipment to bi-amp my system,  I haven't bothered. I don't listen at high levels anymore, and I don't anticipate much benefit in bi-amping for low level listening, though I could be wrong.     

kdallan

« Reply #133 on: 26 Apr 2021, 09:47 pm »
I'd like to see the BDA 3 and 3.14 get an HDMI update to the latest version (or at least 2.0a)

Also have the same digital volume control enabled on the BDA 3 as the 3.14

Although not really audible, update the AKM dacs in the BDA series to 4493 or better

spartana

« Reply #134 on: 27 May 2021, 03:53 am »
One more idea: a monitor option for all digital products. The digital signal is sent out to e.g. an external processor (Dirac, Trinnov), then sent back to the Bryston as enhanced digital signal, then d/a converted by the Bryston dac.
I saw that in a dac of a small brand here in Germany and liked the idea a lot. Could be interesting in a BDA 3.14.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #135 on: 28 May 2021, 03:33 pm »

What if we did a BDP with an integrated BOT and optional drive for storage?

gdbalp

« Reply #136 on: 28 May 2021, 06:04 pm »
Sounds good - Chris,

And let add SACD capacity, a better streamer/internet tuner, bigger display, Headphone jack, I2S and multichannel (5.1 or Atmos music) outputs as well...

Luigi :thumb:

fbny71

« Reply #137 on: 28 May 2021, 09:23 pm »
Again, I'd love to see a BDP-Roon Core!

cheater

« Reply #138 on: 29 May 2021, 01:36 am »
Hi Folks,

So I would like some opinions about what Bryston should consider to manufacture for its next product.

Give me your top three (3) and the reasons why.

Thanks in advance.

james

1. Competent class D amp. Why? Class D has amazing distortion and noise characteristics, low heat output, and finally, Bruno Putzeys needs smart competition.
2. FIR crossover / USB DAC / room correction. Why? FIR allows much more flexibility when doing room correction than the current approach taken by manufacturers (including Bryston) which is IIR.
3. Doppler distortion remover. No one's built one yet. Theoretically, it should be possible to remove doppler distortion from audio as it's being sent to the speakers.

Good luck on all of those!

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #139 on: 29 May 2021, 03:50 am »
What if we did a BDP with an integrated BOT and optional drive for storage?
..Well that sounds like a great idea to me...hope you will do it sir... :thumb: :thumb: