James Buys Bryston-Congratulations, Well Done

G E

Re: James Buys Bryston-Congratulations, Well Done
« Reply #20 on: 3 Feb 2021, 03:19 am »
Congrats James, well done!

Alan Wojcik

Mr. James Tanner - Bryston Canada CEO
« Reply #21 on: 3 Feb 2021, 02:11 pm »
Bryston Canada is in good hands with Mr. Tanner occupying the corner office as CEO. His passion for high-end audio is legendary.

As an owner of eight Bryston amplifiers over the years and the SP3 processor, I can attest to the quality of the company's components. When warranty service is required, Bryston is always there for its loyal customers. Please maintain this company standard moving forward.

We are looking forward to the reboot of the venerable SP3 and perhaps a small (75-watt?) centre channel cubed amplifier for home theatre applications.

I also own a pair of Axiom speakers and can attest to the quality of Axiom's drivers.

Congratulations James!

Regards.

Alan
Jordan, Ontario

PeterG

« Reply #22 on: 3 Feb 2021, 02:38 pm »
Congrats James....all the best

audioMirror

« Reply #23 on: 3 Feb 2021, 02:48 pm »
Congratulations James!

Good music is about emotion, and when our audio products deliver it, we become fans of the brand.  Bryston has a loyal following!  I love my BDP/BDA combination. 

I admit to having sold some past Bryston SST amps, but I've never even heard the SST2 or cubed versions in my home.  I'm looking forward to the end of Covid so I can audition more gear and see you guys at the audio shows. 

I'm also thinking that active speakers may be the way of the future.  We've suffered too long with analog crossovers, a single amp for all drivers, and bass peaks that are difficult to tame.

hawk647

« Reply #24 on: 3 Feb 2021, 03:16 pm »
Congrats James. You will shepherd Bryston in  a new era of excellence. Been a fan for years. Small example of Bryston's commitment to excellence. Years ago I had an issue with a .5 preamp. Took it to Bryston after going through all the troubleshooting things to try. The techs held my hand as I switched cables, switched inputs, etc. Bryston did the repair work and the problem returned. Chris Russell replaced the motherboard - no charge and the pre-amp was out of warranty. Need I say more? Great Canadian company.

plastico

« Reply #25 on: 3 Feb 2021, 10:13 pm »
Congratulations James! The company couldn't be in better hands!
Cheers, Doug

Nitsuave

« Reply #26 on: 3 Feb 2021, 10:30 pm »
Congratulations to James on his new endeavor and all the best to Chris as he eases into retirement.
Looking forward to many more years of fabulous Bryston products.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #27 on: 4 Feb 2021, 12:05 pm »
Thanks everyone for the kind words - it has been a great ride so far and I am looking forward to what the future may bring.

I consider myself one of the lucky ones - what was a boyhood passion for audio has turned into a lifetime of the satisfaction of being able to bring music to the world.  I am truly humbled by where life has taken me.

best
james

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #28 on: 4 Feb 2021, 07:07 pm »
...cool deal! and congrats of course :thumb:

i recently purchased a set of Axiom speakers (2x M80, 1x VP 100, 4x QS4)...so i guess i wasn't wrong that both companies belong together somehow, eh!!!

What a synergy! :D

al.
« Last Edit: 6 Feb 2021, 08:58 pm by alexone »

Grant Hill

« Reply #29 on: 5 Feb 2021, 07:04 pm »
Congratulations to James and good luck!

veloceleste

« Reply #30 on: 5 Feb 2021, 07:35 pm »
Congratulations to all involved! Corporate synergy!

Jozsef

« Reply #31 on: 5 Feb 2021, 11:57 pm »
Hey James, it's comforting to know that Bryston will be in good hands going forward. I'm well aware that your contribution to the company has been incalculable. Bryston many years ago was regarded as extremely well made and pretty good sounding for the price, but thanks to your expertise it soon gained the reputation for superb sound that it has always deserved. Add to that the many products you were instrumental in producing and we all owe you a very large debt of gratitude.

Great engineers need management with the vision to reach for the stars rather than focusing on compromise to meet an arbitrary budget. It looks like that enlightened attitude will remain enshrined in the hallowed halls of Bryston Ltd. for years to come. :)

BCRich1

« Reply #32 on: 6 Feb 2021, 11:20 am »
Awesome James, congratulations!
Mike

gil99

« Reply #33 on: 6 Feb 2021, 02:00 pm »
Congratulation James, you deserved it, me and my friends music lovers all still owns one or more Bryston components for the last 20 years, all are 100% satisfy. Keep up the good work.
Gilles V.

donpinar

« Reply #34 on: 6 Feb 2021, 06:41 pm »
Maybe time for thinking about a Bryston Hybrid Integrated amplifier along the lines of Trilogy's products. Only a more affordable Canadian made product.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #35 on: 6 Feb 2021, 07:32 pm »
Maybe time for thinking about a Bryston Hybrid Integrated amplifier along the lines of Trilogy's products. Only a more affordable Canadian made product.

Hi

Yes I was thinking if we added a Bryston 2.5B power amp to the BR20 Streamer/Preamp we would have a modern day receiver?

james

bunkertoy

« Reply #36 on: 7 Feb 2021, 02:46 pm »
I would be all over a Bryston Receiver like that.
CONGRATULATIONS James. I was very scared when I read the headline...Bryston Sold, but when I read you were at the helm. I quickly calmed down.
All the best to you.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #37 on: 16 Feb 2021, 05:16 pm »

Spyman

« Reply #38 on: 16 Feb 2021, 10:44 pm »
Nice interview, James. It gives us good information about the company and where you want it to go.

Again, best of luck!