Pass Int-60

kmmd

• 5 mos.= My VAC is back - now silver w/phono
    • Systems
Re: Pass Int-60
« Reply #40 on: 18 Dec 2020, 02:37 pm »
Congrats on your new Pass Labs INT-60.  I’m sure it sounds wonderful now but even better when you receive your new speakers.  Yes Mark is a great guy and will not talk you into a product that you don’t need.  He talked me out of more expensive amps based on my listening preferences and the fact that I’m biamping my Maggie’s.  I’m also lucky that Auburn, CA is about 2 hours away from me should anything happen. 

Happy listening!  I’ll be doing the same today  :)  Good thing I’m not lifting anything today.  My arm’s sore after receiving the COVID vaccine yesterday.

rbbert

« Reply #41 on: 18 Dec 2020, 03:24 pm »
And although one can not fry eggs on it, it does run hot.  Re: Mark at Reno HiFi and Pass Labs support in general, Mark, his uncle Joe, Kent English and even Desmond Harrington are usually available to discuss the best product for your needs.  It was Desmond who suggested that I would be best served by the INT-60 over the INT-250 or a pair of XA-60.8's, despite the fact that it was the least expensive of those options.

Re: Daedalus, Lou can be a little distracted at times (he's got a lot going on these days) but he's available, enthusiastic and a joy to deal with.  Just don't have expectations about quick delivery  :wink:

unitygain

« Reply #42 on: 9 Mar 2021, 01:16 am »
Congratulations on the INT-60; such a great amp!

For prospective readers with similar interests: I think you can get away with a Pass Int-25 with Lou's speakers; I've heard them with an XA25 and was impressed.

Another great option might be a used LTA Z10, if you have a smaller space; had one with Devore 93s, and it was just right.

I have difficult speakers to drive now (German Physiks Borderland MkIV), but would be very happy with Lou's speakers.

Obviously, Lou loves ModWright amps too – 100% perfect service and no-nonsense designs throughout.